2.5 wrx wagon

Great value track car
mini one for about 1k
strip out
remap as there exact same as cooper but mapped to throttle doesent open as far
remap changes that so end up with cooper + some
not an s but for 1 k that and all its weight taken out I think is a bargain of a track weapon
just the gearboxes that are the weak point
i was coming on to m50 from m7 junction
went round that mad bend so hard my rib cage hurt the whole day
there such craic to drive always smiling and laughing
small cars is really where it's at
wheels in all 4 corners
and there's so many about parts can be got handy enough
id always have a mini in the house now having got one

There's one on it with the chain broken that would be the right one to buy as while rebuilding it I could do cams and head work, it an 07 for 3k so probably be bought for 2500

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

So would this mean you'd be know as Mini Dec in the near future????:icon_grin:

learned to drive in a 1973 clubman 1275gt , love em , never warmed to the new ones though

No Tommy it doesn't ???? ????
I love the newer ones they are an excellent handling car

No Tommy it doesn't ???? ????
I love the newer ones they are an excellent handling car

Yes... and no.

Depends on roads...

... The R56 has much more compliant suspension with more travel than the R53; however, found it quite hard and bumpy on bad roads. My back didn't like that and was the main reason I sold it...

Now, with regards the handling -- because it has a short wheel base and the wheels are at the four corners and the suspension is hard... it skips - all the time - from bump to bump when you are pushing it. Obviously means less grip when all tyres aren't on the road and hence not actually able to go fast on poor roads.

Now - if all out speed and traction are put aside... even at the lower speed (when compared to even a stock wrx) it feels GREAT... Real go-kart fun with very direct and sharp steering response! BTW...

The run-flats really add to the problem too. I drove my car about two years after I sold it as a mate had it. He changed to normal good tyres (rainsport 3) and it made a very fair improvement - but still happy to skip from bump to bump when pushing her on poor roads around Wicklow.

Drove her plenty on more normal smooth roads and it was fine with good grip... so as a trackday weapon it should be good fun.

As I said... I would deffo try and get one with the big Brembos on it... they are brilliant (bigger than newage sti brembos in a 1200kg car just to give you a point of reference). They can be got new and 2nd hand, but big enough money and probably cheaper to find a car with them on it already.

Oh... and before I forget -- there are some cars out there with an optional LSD !!
This was an expensive option and not standard on the R56 - whereas the factory R53 JCW and GP got it standard (they didn't put it in standard on the 2nd generation as the suspension was much better able to hold the road than the 1st gen).

You can get a Quaife LSD for very reasonable money though about £600 (was going to put it in mine, but then sold it instead) https://shop.quaife.co.uk/bmw-mini-cooper-s-6-speed-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential-1225 for the Quaife ATB and if you search I think they do the Tran-X version too.

Plenty of suspension options out there too like Bilstein etc.

I'd be making it low and hard full track mode don't care what's its like on the roads as its not going to be a daily,

SOLD.......
to the first viewer ????

Grats Dec!

Unbelievable it took such a long time for that car to shift as very clean and very reasonably priced (and fact first viewer bought it is testament to that)!

Back