Subaru enters btcc

"Jason plato and his teammate, the spirit of rock and roll legend david bowie take another win in the BTCC" hahaha

AU1393122.jpg

Team BMR secures engine builders Mountune for new Subaru

Team BMR have reached an agreement with Mountune to build its 2.0-litre turbocharged engines for its all-new Subaru Levorg challengers in 2016.

After unveiling the all-new Team BMR Subaru machines BTCC legends Colin Turkington, Jason Plato, Warren Scott and a fourth unannounced driver will drive in 2016 earlier this week, it has been confirmed Mountune Racing will develop its engines.

Despite Subaru forming its reputation on offering only all-wheel drive road car models, the Levorg will be adapted into a rear-wheel drive format while retaining is distinctive boxer-engine format in order to meet BTCC regulations.

“We are thrilled to have been chosen to build the engines for BMR's 2016 championship campaign, and very happy to be partnered with a manufacturer team.” Mountune technical director David Mountain said. “The development team here at mountune will be working around the clock getting the four Boxer engines ready for pre-season testing and are all looking forward to seeing them perform out on track during this year's championship.

Team BMR boss Scott says time is against his squad and Mountune but is confident it will be ready to roar at the official season launch at Donington Park on the 22nd March.

Scott's chief engineer Kevin Berry has echoed his chief's sentiments and explained Mountune were selected due to its experience with BTCC's current technical regulation.

"Having looked at all the options available to us for 2016 I am excited that mountune are on board to develop and build our engine for this project,” Berry said. “With the extensive experience that mountune have in the BTCC and NGTC regulations, I am extremely confident that mountune have the expertise and ability to produce a great race engine from this unique Subaru base."

Mountune is also set to supply Ford-powered squads Dextra Racing, Motorbase Performance and Maximum Motorsport in BTCC this year.

source - http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/226110/1/team-bmr-secures-engine-builders-mountune.html

Plato 'excited' over Subaru's BTCC entrance

Double British Touring Car Champion Jason Plato is confident of challenging for a third title in the series after helping to secure a manufacturer deal with Subaru for the Team BMR outfit.

The Japanese constructor enters the BTCC for the first time this season after agreeing a three-year partnership with the rapidly successful Team BMR squad, who will run a duo of RWD Subaru Levorg estates, driven by Plato and fellow double champion Colin Turkington.

Plato, who came tantalisingly close in winning a third BTCC title in 2015, has revealed that securing a manufacturer deal was always part of his agenda when joining Team BMR.

The 94-time race winner also admitted that driving for a brand, held in such high esteem as Subaru, was 'always at the top of his wish list'.

Subaru became a synonymous name in motorsport from the early 90's after it's iconic Impreza captured the publics imagination and powered the likes of Colin McRae, Richard Burns and Petter Solberg to WRC glory.

“Part of my role when joining BMR was to help secure a manufacturer deal," said Plato.

"The iconic Subaru brand has always been right at the top of my wish list, obviously it goes without saying that I am very excited about our future together and I'm confident that BMR will produce a fantastic package for me to fight for the Championship.

"This really is exciting times for us all... I can't wait for the season to begin."

Subaru joins Honda and MG as the third fully fledged manufacturer in the series.

source - http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/226083/1/plato-excited-over-subarus-btcc-entrance.html

"James Cole will join Team BMR for the 2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship to complete the line-up of the Subaru UK manufacturer team for the forthcoming season.

James will be behind the wheel of the fourth new Subaru Levorg Sports Tourer in what will be his fourth season in the BTCC. The former British Formula Ford Champion will make his switch from Motorbase Performance where he competed in the second half of the season with the team after they joined the grid at Snetterton in August..

The Liverpool-based driver joins the Team BMR line-up alongside his three team mates Colin Tarkington Jason Plato and Team Principal Warren Scott."

SOURCE: http://www.btcc.net/2016/02/16/james-cole-to-complete-team-bmr-squad/

Just read a tweet tweet from aron smith racing that said he was the newest member of the bmr racing team!!
Would love to see hom back there especially in a subaru, but wasnt expecting that after the final rounds last year! Id say Plato will love to have him as team mate again if this is true!!

That's one win...is that the first estate car win under the new regulations?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back