On the hunt

Paul555RA

Petrolheads
Been missing the rumble since I had my last wrx and herself is getting a 161 reg this year so part of the deal ;-) was I get a scooby again. I've a budget of €5500 and has to be a newage (I've had three classics now) and turbo preferably blob but could be persuaded by a nice bug or was thinking about the foz dave has down there. Whatever I get has to have decent test. If anyone knows of anything let me know.

I would go have a look at the fozzy. Running a good low mileage engine fully serviced and remped with some nice sti extras. Cheaper insurance than any impreza.

Convince her not to waste money on a 161... Buy a 152... And put the difference towards a newage STI!! Sorted!!

Believe me I've tried but we need to get it modified for her mum but it means it'll be tax exempt as well and we'll get some of the duty back on fuel and won't pay vrt on it were just sorting paperwork at the min

Luke how are you finding the foz compared to impreza I know your wagon performed very similarly to my wrx, but I've no real experience with turbo fozs, herself had a 02 na auto one for a while but I know that's like trying to compare an sti to a 1.6

Will be fresh tested next week. So full 1 year 01/17.

Driving it daily at moment. So also taxed to end Feb 02/16

Nothing due nope.

Fresh rad and coolant within last 5k miles.

Fresh oil. Air. Plugs and timing belt last 1k miles.

New dimple grooved brake discs and pads last 1k miles.

Tyres less then 800miles. So near full 8mm all around.

Window tints 1k miles ago.

Tail Lamps are brand new genuine subaru.

Cheers it's very tempting I'll have a good think about it over the weekend but it could be what I'm looking for. Just curious as well has it a boost gauge fitted and how would its handling compare to a classic impreza

Have to say I love the forester. Had a great run to germany in it and some great track time and it stood up to every challenge. It also leave some shocked faces on little assholes that try to push me on the road.

Cheers it's very tempting I'll have a good think about it over the weekend but it could be what I'm looking for. Just curious as well has it a boost gauge fitted and how would its handling compare to a classic impreza
It has been fitted with 40k miles impreza wagon suspension.

So no self leveling failures shite to worry about.

Standard springs so could go eibach for further 25-30mm drop.

Have to say I love the forester. Had a great run to germany in it and some great track time and it stood up to every challenge. It also leave some shocked faces on little assholes that try to push me on the road.
I'll second that it's a class motor having gone all the way to germany in it very underrated and sleek

Tomorrow or Friday suits me to view then if I could leave a deposit and collect after weekend if I'm going for it what's your number I'll text you in a while

Back