What's Santa bringing

If u happen to join up at some stage it would make a great members car blog I'd love to read that.????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have one there already with info on the auto to manual swap I did a couple of years ago. Bit of reading there until next week. At least I hope its still there, don't have access to that section at the moment!

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread. Santa brought me some new red converse, a jacket and a beer hamper!

Drove it from Galway to Limerick for a gig last night then home to Dublin afterwards. Definitely goes like stink but can feel it levelling out just before 6k rpm. It just doesn't keep pulling from then on. Aonghus said, top mount and intake temps and the heads were the limiting factors so looks like I have a shopping list for 2016!!

It is driving really nice though and delighted to finally have a car again! Just have to pass the NCT now. I'll be updating my project thread as soon as I pay for full membership again
What turbo you on?

:clap: Santa being very good to you it's a 2.1 what heads did you go with. Great figures :thumbsup:

Turbo is a TD-05 20G. Still on the original heads. Didnt think they'd be that restirictive. Its a combo of them and the top mount that limited things. A taller scoop might even help the situation but just gonna go front mount eventually. What heads to go for is another story altogether!

Had a td05 there to put on my old wr1 was told it could see 330 ish maybe more but I never got around to fitting it

Last edited:
Legacy heads ? V3/4 sti heads have the most aggressive cams so make the most power unless you go Avcs heads but a lot of work required as not straight forward . Anyway with the power you have its loads for a road car And being realistic if it made 360bhp would it make it any faster on the road where your driving it don't think so , so enjoy it It's a cracking car :thumbsup:

Turbo is a TD-05 20G. Still on the original heads. Didnt think they'd be that restirictive. Its a combo of them and the top mount that limited things. A taller scoop might even help the situation but just gonna go front mount eventually. What heads to go for is another story altogether!
Heads not an issue. Fit STi v5/6 cams and FMIC

Heads not an issue. Fit STi v5/6 cams and FMIC

Thats the route I'm hoping would be the most cost effective, just wasnt sure if it was the flow of the heads or cams. Just happy to have the car mapped and driving so in no panic. I can gather the parts over the next year.

@scoobysub: cheers

Back