MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Got the car cleaned as my lower back is at me at the moment. Dying to get it home to finally try out the HD wax but as usual the rain starts.

Love irish weather

Where die you bring it Chris? My lower back is f*cked too, facet joint is locking so iv been in sh*te all week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5 star autovalet in Kilbarrack industrial estate opposite pr riellys. Great value for 12 quid Dave.

Pre wash, snowfoam, hand dry, tyres dressed and wet wax

Weather was too nice this morning not to clean the car. Heres a few pics of how it turned out

Just a quick wash and a coat of HD wax. Lifting the bonnet and there was mood everywhere due to the poor weather over the past few weeks so gave it a very quick going over

I was searching for an s2000 for a while and seen this so I said may as well have a look at it. Fell in love with it straight away. 2002 DC5 with only 110k kms on it and nearly completely standard bar spoon lowering springs, aem v2 induction kit and a few gauges which I will be removing.
lo

Have nearly covered 400kms since collecting it and its a lovely car to drive and surprisingly comfortable.

Plans for it
Fitted recaro seat covers
Good tires on the rear
Take out the gauges
Spoon gear knob
Double din unit

lovely car pal best of look with it

roughly 19:50 at Odeon Cinema, I was going up north and if that was you, going opposite direction, so hard to say if it was really you, but the car has some strong road presence. Cought my attention right away even though it was fairly dark already

Yeah that was me. What were you driving.

Blue Bug WRX

<- the one from the picture here:D

Are you in coolock area often? I am usually going up north using Howth Road, but sometimes take it over malahide road, as sometimes its actually faster...

Blue Bug WRX

<- the one from the picture here:D

Are you in coolock area often? I am usually going up north using Howth Road, but sometimes take it over malahide road, as sometimes its actually faster...
Im usually very good at car spotting. I must have been in a world of my own ha.

Yeah I'd go through it a bit. Im only a few mins down the road from coolock

Im usually very good at car spotting. I must have been in a world of my own ha.

Yeah I'd go through it a bit. Im only a few mins down the road from coolock
It was super quick, you were accelerating away from traffic lights, all i seen was huge wing so i focused my sight more and seen it was blue honda, but u were gone superfast, so it was just a flash. As said before, awesome looking car, real headturner!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It was super quick, you were accelerating away from traffic lights, all i seen was huge wing so i focused my sight more and seen it was blue honda, but u were gone superfast, so it was just a flash. As said before, awesome looking car, real headturner!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Cheers mate much appreciated

Finally after a few months of wet evenings coming home from work, today was the day which it was lovely and dry. Instead of doing the usual motorway journeys home I came off the motorway to see what this is like on the back roads.

Only word that can describe it is wow.

The natural grip this car has is phenomenal but with the added goodyear eagle f1's was even better. I had to bear in mind I was still on a public road so I didnt do anything reckless but I pushed the car 1st and 2nd gear when I had the chance. On the straights the vtec had me smiling from ear to ear. Its such an exhilarating feeling. Completely different to the boost a turbo car gives you. On approach of a corner there was no brakes needed I just used the engine to slow it down, nose dived into the corner, front end just gripped endlessly and the car sailed around the corner and back on the power until the next bend.

To me I had to concentrate 100% doing this but I'd say I only reached about 50% of the cars capability due to my overall skill level.

Today was the day I finally realised what makes these cars so iconic and I am sure the rest of the R range is the same.

My previous impreza was extremely capable on the backroads but I think this car is on another level for pure grip.

Finally after a few months of wet evenings coming home from work, today was the day which it was lovely and dry. Instead of doing the usual motorway journeys home I came off the motorway to see what this is like on the back roads.

Only word that can describe it is wow.

The natural grip this car has is phenomenal but with the added goodyear eagle f1's was even better. I had to bear in mind I was still on a public road so I didnt do anything reckless but I pushed the car 1st and 2nd gear when I had the chance. On the straights the vtec had me smiling from ear to ear. Its such an exhilarating feeling. Completely different to the boost a turbo car gives you. On approach of a corner there was no brakes needed I just used the engine to slow it down, nose dived into the corner, front end just gripped endlessly and the car sailed around the corner and back on the power until the next bend.

To me I had to concentrate 100% doing this but I'd say I only reached about 50% of the cars capability due to my overall skill level.

Today was the day I finally realised what makes these cars so iconic and I am sure the rest of the R range is the same.

My previous impreza was extremely capable on the backroads but I think this car is on another level for pure grip.
Oh I know them feelings very well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

They are a great chassis probably one of the best
Was talking to a few lads in mondello who race them and that all said the older chassis is better than the new one.
Why would this be surely Honda would be developing all the time so why is the old one better than the new.

Back