MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Do bring it out only way you will ever get to drive it on
Best thing ever just take it handy and build up bit by bit you will be flying in no time
Let the car cool down
Lads stay out to long and that's what kills cars
Do it

I agree, I had my old blob out a few times on track and it was my daily driver, just prepare properly, oil change, good tyres, takd it easy, do a few laps come in thankfully never had an issue, great fun in a safe environment

Stay out for max 10 mins at a time and it'll be fine. When you're back in let it idle for a min, switch off and leave it in gear with the handbrake down.

That would be the plan if I take it out. Proceed with caution for a while until I know the track inside out then gradually go a bit faster. Last thing I want to do is go out on an unfamiliar track and wreck it.

I had a plan to do 1-2 warm up laps, 3 laps driving on then 1 lap cool down before coming in for a break.

I know mondello do tuition in your own car to get familiar with the lines and track. Think I will do this

Stay out for max 10 mins at a time and it'll be fine. When you're back in let it idle for a min, switch off and leave it in gear with the handbrake down.

Whats the reason you leave it in gear with your handbrake down ? Is it to cool down the gearbox oil

Picked this up today

I done the track day a few times in the legacy when I had it and it was my daily driver and never had any problems and I didn't take it handy ever.
You will get a couple of laps maybe 2 or 3 to learn the track at the start before everybody goes out if you ain't done it before.

Just be confident and you will have a ball[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brought my goodyear eagle f1's up to get fitted today. They are still fairly slippery due to being brand new but already the comfort level of the car has much improved, road nose has decreased, the rear end is far more stable and already I can feel a huge difference in road holding. Grip will only get better as they bed in. Gave her a quick wash after

Was it expensive to get the tyres fitted? Sorry for all the Q's , need to order tyres, prices are good online but fitting prices can vary so much. Car looks great [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surprised how economical this car is. Filled her up last sunday and I am currently on 570kms with I would say another 30-40kms left before the fuel light comes on.

Which works out at 33.89mpg.

Isn't too bad with a good bit of vtec but the majority of the milage was done motorway driving

Surprised how economical this car is. Filled her up last sunday and I am currently on 570kms with I would say another 30-40kms left before the fuel light comes on.

Which works out at 33.89mpg.

Isn't too bad with a good bit of vtec but the majority of the milage was done motorway driving
I used get seven hundred kms out of my tank. Was all motorway driving though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Was that you I spotted going up the middle of Limerick city at about half Six this morning

Update

Have this booked in for a service with Vtec Performance 6th of Feb to get the following

All fluids changed
Plugs
Rear antiroll bar fitted
Full check over
Ask about an aftermarket exhaust as its too quiet (looking for a deep sound not a raspy sound)
See do they have a driver side pillar replacement so I can finally take out those gauges. If not I will have to take a trip to Honda.

From looking into exhaust clips on youtube the only ones I have heard to give a deep sound which I'm after is the Fujitsubo RM01A and the skunk megapower but heard the skunk is mental loud.

Update

Have this booked in for a service with Vtec Performance 6th of Feb to get the following

All fluids changed
Plugs
Rear antiroll bar fitted
Full check over
Ask about an aftermarket exhaust as its too quiet (looking for a deep sound not a raspy sound)
See do they have a driver side pillar replacement so I can finally take out those gauges. If not I will have to take a trip to Honda.

From looking into exhaust clips on youtube the only ones I have heard to give a deep sound which I'm after is the Fujitsubo RM01A and the skunk megapower but heard the skunk is mental loud.
Mugen twin loop is the one to go for there

Back