MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Hit a milestone today

Bought it back in December 15 with 108k kms on it.

Since then I have only had to get one of the bleed nipples helicoiled on one of the brembos. Everything else was just general servicing and tires and brakes.

Love how reliable hondas are

My next comment won't go down well on here but Honda are probably the best bang for your buck out there, I love them , I've had sereval including civic and Integra type r and they are bullet proof with exceptional performance for a 1.6, 1.8 or 2 litre normally aspirated engine.

The only problem with type r Honda's is getting insured in one in ireland at the moment.

Lovely car Chris????

My next comment won't go down well on here but Honda are probably the best bang for your buck out there, I love them , I've had sereval including civic and Integra type r and they are bullet proof with exceptional performance for a 1.6, 1.8 or 2 litre normally aspirated engine.

The only problem with type r Honda's is getting insured in one in ireland at the moment.

Lovely car Chris????

Cheers pedro.

Its not pleasant ringing around for quotes on insurance. Would swear your driving a zonda on L plates

Just dropped the teg down to Kenny (honda-primo garage) in portlaoise to get all 4 lower control arm bushes replaced as well as a full suspension check over.

For the bushes I went with Honda oem ones as they seem to be very good quality.

1 of the bushes on the lower control arm starting to show a slight bit of wear and tear. Once out I thought I'd be better off replacing all 4 instead of just the 1

Was walking by reception today in work and spotted this box.

As nobody else in the building is really into cars I just knew it was for me. With the word mishimoto on the side of the box I thought to myself did I order a radiator. No recollection of this. Must of been after a night ha. Picked the box up and it was light enough. Started to really think it was a rad.

Opened the box and was pleasantly met with the rbc intake manifold I ordered. Was expecting a much heavier box

Finally finished with my collection of parts. Have the rbc, manifold and decat to fit.

Plan is to get the car nct'd early so I will have 15 months instead of 12 months. Once passed I will get all the parts installed and book in with Aonghus for mapping on a kpro V4.

Cant wait to see the difference before and after the map.

With basically a straight pipe from engine back I am thinking of a manual control valve for the exhaust. Had a quick look and I have found an apexi and japspeed one along with many no brand ebay ones. I know there are better brands out there but I dont want to be spending big money on a little flap.

Last edited:
but I dont want to be spending big money on a little flap..........famous last words heading into a brothel in Amsterdam lol

Car will be flying when all mapped and stuff fit

Ahahahahaha

Will try flapless first to see how I get on. If its too loud bring on the flap.

Heard mapping from that genius makes a massive difference. He can actually add a bit of mid range torque so I've heard :p

first Honda with torque so ..........:Falldownlaugh:

he's a genius but didn't know he performed miracles as well , he'll be walking on water next .:icon_grin:

Car looked well today lad. Seemed to be flying it. There is a beautiful sound off it going down the straight. Better than my yoke roaring like an ass! How were the tyres? Did you find them a big improvement?

Was out on an octane track day yesterday. Car held up really really well.

Weather was fantastic. It was the first time I have used the AD08R tyres in the dry, last track day was wet.

Started off slowly to get a feel for the tyres. Had to lower the tyre pressure 3 times due to the heat on the track. Finally I got them to maintain 30psi under abuse. They have stupid levels of grip. So much so I started just throwing the car into corners too fast to see would they grip. They never stopped, just pulled me around the corner.

Started to notice a small knock under hard right hand cornering. One of the lads checked it out and there is small movement on the passenger side drive shaft. Its either the driveshaft, cv boot or joint. Will get it checked out and go from there.

Today was the first time I timed myself. I still have alot to learn in terms of lines and braking points.

This was the fasted lap I managed throughout the day, 2.15. Was fairly clean lap but got stuck in traffic once and took a wrong line in a corner which cost me a second or 2 over the lap

Anyway had a blast. Hammered the brakes all day and they never once faded. Hopefully the next day out the teg should be mapped and the knocking sound under hard cornering will be fixed.

Car looked well today lad. Seemed to be flying it. There is a beautiful sound off it going down the straight. Better than my yoke roaring like an ass! How were the tyres? Did you find them a big improvement?

Thanks Martin. Think I am getting the hang of driving on track. Tyres were fantastic.

How did the celica go yesterday. Never met you on the track

This has to be my favourite picture taken of my car from the track day. The noise of that 458 as it shot by me on the pit straight was something else

I like your defensive line going to the wall! Just in case he misses a gear[emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back