MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Id say its more people who have driven either speculating about them, and the whole rwd vs fwd thing. Plus the s2000 had the crown for highest power output for capacity on a N/A engine for those years.

I havnt piloted either of them so take my opinion with a pinch of salt, but theyre both pretty in my eyes. I would say for a daily the dc5 is the better animal, and the summer backroad blast a tidy s2000 with the later generation suspension setup would be my choice.

Obviously only if all the scoobys ceased to exist haha
I've driven both and owned a DC five for over three years. And driving an s two K was one of the most disappointing experiences of my life. I could not get over how dull and under powered it was. I know all vtecs bar the new civic type r are torqueless but the two thousand was just so dull. Maybe that's got a lot to do with the weight involved but the DC five just felt quicker sharper and more powerful.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Insurance was easier to get on this than the s2000. Couldnt get a quote off anyone.

Visibility in the rear is grand, havent had any problem with it yet. Only blind spot I've found with the DC5 is the front right when your joining a roundabout. The pillar gets in the way so you have to be careful other than that visibility is great.

S2000 vs DC5: They are a hard car to compare as one is rwd and one is fwd. Have to say I agree with scrawnban about the lack of power in the s2000. Thought they would be faster but they are a very engaging car to drive. Only thing I dont like about them is how twitchy the rear end is in them. You have to be very very alert to drive one on. Few I drove I brought one around the roundabout in the wet not fast at all and you could feel the rear end wanting to let go. The DC5 just grips all the time and you dont get the feeling the car wants to kill you.

Saying that I would still love an s2000 for a sunny weekend blast but owning one over a nice DC5 I would find it very hard to justify.

I think what makes me like the s2000 so much is it more theatre to drive with the 2 seats, being a convertible, the rev gauge makes you feel like your in a race car and how low you sit.

Insurance was easier to get on this than the s2000. Couldnt get a quote off anyone.

Visibility in the rear is grand, havent had any problem with it yet. Only blind spot I've found with the DC5 is the front right when your joining a roundabout. The pillar gets in the way so you have to be careful other than that visibility is great.

S2000 vs DC5: They are a hard car to compare as one is rwd and one is fwd. Have to say I agree with scrawnban about the lack of power in the s2000. Thought they would be faster but they are a very engaging car to drive. Only thing I dont like about them is how twitchy the rear end is in them. You have to be very very alert to drive one on. Few I drove I brought one around the roundabout in the wet not fast at all and you could feel the rear end wanting to let go. The DC5 just grips all the time and you dont get the feeling the car wants to kill you.

Saying that I would still love an s2000 for a sunny weekend blast but owning one over a nice DC5 I would find it very hard to justify.

I think what makes me like the s2000 so much is it more theatre to drive with the 2 seats, being a convertible, the rev gauge makes you feel like your in a race car and how low you sit.
The cabin nose inside them is ridiculous ... Incredibly dull car. If you want something for a proper weekend blast buy a lotus Elise....proper weekend blast car

Last edited:
Tyres are a huge factor in an s2000 the amount of lads running cheap tyres on them
The one I drove I found it good handled fine damp ish road but it had foot tyres on it.
I'd like one as a w/end toy

I've driven both and owned a DC five for over three years. And driving an s two K was one of the most disappointing experiences of my life. I could not get over how dull and under powered it was. I know all vtecs bar the new civic type r are torqueless but the two thousand was just so dull. Maybe that's got a lot to do with the weight involved but the DC five just felt quicker sharper and more powerful.

Firstly, dc5 brilliant car and great daily driver, but having owed a dc2 and regularly driven a dc5 I'd pick a dc2 any day, way better drivers car and way more feedback from it, raw yes but that's why you buy one,

It's just the rpm one I'd be after as its for the fiesta track car
Let me know a price and I'll sort it man .
Thanks again

Ah i wouldnt be looking for anything for it. I'll let you know when they are off just have to sort a replacement pillar as with the gauges out there would be 8 holes on display which would annoy me

Ah i wouldnt be looking for anything for it. I'll let you know when they are off just have to sort a replacement pillar as with the gauges out there would be 8 holes on display which would annoy me
Totally agree on the clocks...totally awful

Let me know when ya have it sorted
Thanks for that man
Keith

Maybe I.m just old :icon_biggrin: but am I the only 1 who doesn't get the carbon fibre thing yes I know it's light weight And maybe in the same colour as the car would look well and would add a Weight saving , that dc2 would look so much better with a standard white bonnet or even a painted white carbon bonnet . Rant over :doh: I just done get it in a differant colour to the car

Bone stock rare old cars are better, but very hard to find. Maybe some not obvious tasteful performance/longevity mods are nice. But some lads love the carbon and extra 25 bhp it gives the car ;)

Sure iv some carbon wrapped bits on my bug!

You will totally have forgotten about it by tomorrow and will like carbon ........I fingered this happens to me lol

Back