MY DC5 INTEGRA..

So today as I had a bit of time on my hands so I cleared space in the attic for everything I have both so far that isn't fitted to the car already.

Set of wheels
Race manifold
Decat
Accessories for RBC intake
Front and rear discs and pads

Forgot how tiring it is was going up and down a ladder over and over

I also picked this handy top up of shell helix ultra 5w40 a while back so I put it in my spare wheel for a just incase moment. As everyone knows honda's like a bit of oil every now and again

A sump baffle is a must if you're going with sticky tyres for track. There's a couple of drop in filters by Eightspeed or Tegiwa etc. The Tegiwa is a copy of the one piece cast Spoon baffled sump.

Once you know someone who's handy with aluminum welding you're sorted.

Turn on the hob there and see what it boils at lol
Great stuff
Did you look at any used track tyres on dd few sets there what size you after

hahahaha see if the manufacturer is lying to us all.

I tried to find track tires on donedeal. I cant find any when I search track tyres.

I would be after either

215/45/17 or 225/45/17

Today a group went down to Westward engineering for a dyno morning.

The DC5 is due a service next week so I was expecting a little over 200bhp maybe 212bhp.

My car is standard bar a cat back exhaust and an induction kit. I havent gotten the car mapped yet.

To my surprise it put down 233bhp and 152ftlbs. Considering mapped examples are pushing 240ish with all the bolt ons.

I am really happy with the result.

Martin also told me the car is very very healthy and not a thing is wrong with it which was nice to here.

Heres the dyno graph for anyone thats interested

Quick video of one of the pulls on the dyno

Next weekend I have her in with Icetronix for oil change, filter, plugs and a general check over to make sure all is well

Today a group went down to Westward engineering for a dyno morning.

The DC5 is due a service next week so I was expecting a little over 200bhp maybe 212bhp.

My car is standard bar a cat back exhaust and an induction kit. I havent gotten the car mapped yet.

To my surprise it put down 233bhp and 152ftlbs. Considering mapped examples are pushing 240ish with all the bolt ons.

I am really happy with the result.

Martin also told me the car is very very healthy and not a thing is wrong with it which was nice to here.

Heres the dyno graph for anyone thats interested

Quick video of one of the pulls on the dyno

Next weekend I have her in with Icetronix for oil change, filter, plugs and a general check over to make sure all is well

that's a great result - westwards dyno is very conservative in its figures so your car is in good health my man. well done

Cheers lads was very very happy with how the car is running.

Dropped by Adam in the the oil store blanchardstown to pick up oil and oil filter for the service on Saturday morning.

Always a gent to deal with

How much was that? 30euro?

Would you not run a genuine filter?

No wasnt 30 euro. Its ferrari approved oil so if its good enough for ferraris its good enough for hondas.

I have been using hamp oil filters in my 9 years of honda ownership and I have never had a problem with them so I just stick with them

Just back from having the car serviced with Icetronix.

Plugs, oil, filter and a check over.

Feedback was that my car is perfect. Not a thing needed.

Got that feedback back from vtec performance at 109k kms. The car currently sits at 135k kms and its nice to hear its still perfect

Been a long while since I updated this thread.

All I have been doing is driving it.

Today I decided to give the engine bay a quick going over as I havent cleaned it in about 8 months

Few pics before I started

After

What I used

Megiuars gold class shampoo
Dish cloth
Microfibre cloth
AG super resin polish on the induction kit

Renewed my insurance just before christmas. Last year fully comp was 1400ish this year was 1600ish. Not too bad of an increase going by what others increased by but still horrible to pay out 2 weeks before christmas.

Last edited:
Been a long while since I updated this thread.

All I have been doing is driving it.

Today I decided to give the engine bay a quick going over as I havent cleaned it in about 8 months

Few pics before I started

After

What I used

Megiuars gold class shampoo
Dish cloth
Microfibre cloth
AG super resin polish on the induction kit

Renewed my insurance just before christmas. Last year fully comp was 1490 this year was 1568. Not too bad of an increase going by what others increased by but still horrible to pay out 2 weeks before christmas.

Hi Chris,

New to the forum, just wondering which insurance company are you with as I am having difficulty getting a quote for a DC5 that I am in the process of trying to source. Very nice car by the way, I didn't like them in the blue initially but that colour is growing on me it looks really well!

Thanks in advance,
ND

This weekend I brought over the discs and pads to my mates to change them over from the warn brakes that are on the car now.

We started off taking all the wheels, discs, pads and callipers off.

Now was the time to start fitting the new pieces. Nothing fit.

Hours later and in the dark all the original warn brakes were back on the car.

Turns out I got sent civic type r everything.

Few lessons learned

1) Check I actually received the right parts before tackling a job
2) Do 1 side at a time instead of just taking everything off
3) Brake changing knowledge has gone up

Now I need to order new brakes and pads.

After having just taxed the car for 6 months now needing more brakes turned out to be a fairly expensive weekend.

Let the shopping for brakes begin again

This weekend I brought over the discs and pads to my mates to change them over from the warn brakes that are on the car now.

We started off taking all the wheels, discs, pads and callipers off.

Now was the time to start fitting the new pieces. Nothing fit.

Hours later and in the dark all the original warn brakes were back on the car.

Turns out I got sent civic type r everything.

Few lessons learned

1) Check I actually received the right parts before tackling a job
2) Do 1 side at a time instead of just taking everything off
3) Brake changing knowledge has gone up

Now I need to order new brakes and pads.

After having just taxed the car for 6 months now needing more brakes turned out to be a fairly expensive weekend.

Let the shopping for brakes begin again
I always found the brembos on my integra incredible. Never had an issue with them. Why are you changing yours?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back