MY DC5 INTEGRA..

I heard they are very bad on road cars alright but is the performance not worth it ?

What pads do you have in now

No IMO. Not only are they overkill for road use but even with 16 coats of sealent on the wheels, you'll get hot dust embedded in to the wheels. You'd want a hefty supply of ironx to run them all the time on a daily.

I found Endless pads extremely good on mine. Lasted forever aswell.

For Track yea brilliant

I just found em way to harsh to use daily and chomped there way through a set of new disks in 6 months daily driving to and from work.

Tryed Ebc yellows and work when hot but when cold don't got more than a few frights in traffic when some bell end decides to weave into your lane and you jump on pedal and it feels like fade not good.

Very good at temp though but like Carbon Lorraines loads of dust

Run Ferodo Ds2500 pads like alot here pricey but extremely happy with them zero Complaints

Hope that helps????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have the rc6 on mine and love them and will get another set and luke is running a set since the ring trip last year too

Had the rc 8 on the spec c great for track but noise and dust everywhere and the like to eat disc
But fook me they stop

In my previous impreza I had the ds2500 and was very impressed with them.

Might go for these again. Hearing great things about dixcel pads. Anyone try them yet

Havent been able to do anything with the car in about 3 weeks due to a hand injury but I nearly have full function back.

I decided to attack the wheels as they still had so much brake dust and carbon build up on them from the track day

Normal washing wouldnt really clean them fully so I used Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner
Few sprays then leave it on to dwell for 2-5mins (important you dont let it dry in)

The dark colour is the product breaking up all the iron and brake deposits

Then just wash as normal

For added wheel protection and shine I put on a quick layer of quick detailer spray. I find this prevents dirt getting imbedded into your wheels for about 2 weeks. Just spray on and quickly wipe down with a microfibre cloth

After I finished with the wheels I washed the car and gave it a layer of super resin polish followed by HD wax. She's all ready for cars and coffee tomorrow

On the parts side I have ordered all the accessories needed to fit the RBC intake manifold (2 gaskets, throttle body adapter plate and a coolant pipe). These should arrive in the next week or two.

Next month I will be ordering the RBC intake then the saving starts for the kpro V4 and mapping

Just booked in for the nct for Saturday morning.

Got my tax renewal email too. Looks like I wont be ordering the RBC after all

Only seeing this now, hope the hand is holding up. You must have hurt it cleaning your car so much haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Served the nerves in my finger over 3 weeks ago still cant feel half my finger. Going to an occupational therapist next Friday to see if surgery is an option.

The car took a bite out of me, hates bath time ha

Brought the car up to the nct today

Failed on not having Baile Atha Cliath on my plates and decibel test. Legal limit in 99db but my system was 102db.

Brought the car down to the lads to get the standard back box put back on but kept my spoon centre section on

Back up to the nct and passed no problem

Virtually no emissions from the car as is. If only older cars were emission tested for tax reasons.

My fresh nct cert

I got this delivery on Friday. They are the accessories for the rbc intake manifold

Chris caught on camera cleaning his car again ;)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1475179138734.jpg
    FB_IMG_1475179138734.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 126
So after 2 track days and 20k kms plus since buying the car in December I decided to treat her a bit.

The brakes are fairly strong but the pedal travels a bit more than I am comfortable with before theres a bite so I ordered Brembo oem front and rear discs and pads which should freshen the braking system up nicely.

I will be getting braided lines and high performance brake fluid next month as well before getting them fitted

I will more than likely get a separate set of more aggressive pads for track days but these should be perfect for the road

Nice. Brembo discs are very durable. I never used the pads myself.

Go with Goodridge or ProjectMu for the braided lines. HEL are muck when it comes to Honda.

If you want the pedal to feel firmer at the top, invest in a brake stopper aswell.

"Treat her a bit" Ah thats not like you Chris haha. Nice bits, be sweet with the braided lines and uprated fluid.

After months and months of searching I have finally found a standard set of dc5 alloys for the track.

Luckily I had a few spare minutes this morning in work as we weren't that busy. Browsed through my news feed on fb and came across what I have been after at a good price.

The wheels were getting sold by Icetronix. I rang Robbie straight away about them. I went down to only leave a deposit but they were exactly how Robbie described them so into my boot they went.

To have them perfect they would need to be refurbished but for the track they are fine. Might plastidip them down the line.

Now the next decision is what tires do I get. I dont want to spend a fortune on them so R888's and the likes are out.

I have being looking for tires to suit my needs and have narrowed it down to 2

1) AD08R
2) Potenza re070

They both seem to be fantastic tires for what I need them for. Does anyone have any experience with either of the above and if so would you recommend them.

Thanks in advance

After months and months of searching I have finally found a standard set of dc5 alloys for the track.

Luckily I had a few spare minutes this morning in work as we weren't that busy. Browsed through my news feed on fb and came across what I have been after at a good price.

The wheels were getting sold by Icetronix. I rang Robbie straight away about them. I went down to only leave a deposit but they were exactly how Robbie described them so into my boot they went.

To have them perfect they would need to be refurbished but for the track they are fine. Might plastidip them down the line.

Now the next decision is what tires do I get. I dont want to spend a fortune on them so R888's and the likes are out.

I have being looking for tires to suit my needs and have narrowed it down to 2

1) AD08R
2) Potenza re070

They both seem to be fantastic tires for what I need them for. Does anyone have any experience with either of the above and if so would you recommend them.

Thanks in advance

The ADO8 were a great so I'd imagine the ADO8R should be better again[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back