MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Gave the DC5 its summer protection

Washed (Chemicals guys Mr Pink)
Dried
Polished (Megiuars ultimate polish)
2 coats of wax (Autoglym HD)

This time next week I'll be finished my first track day. Cant wait to see how the DC5 goes

Gave the DC5 its summer protection

Washed (Chemicals guys Mr Pink)
Dried
Polished (Megiuars ultimate polish)
2 coats of wax (Autoglym HD)

This time next week I'll be finished my first track day. Cant wait to see how the DC5 goes
It's beautiful

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

First track day

Today was a day I have looked forward to for many years. After finally getting a car that would be at home on the track I went and booked into mondello for the half day on the national circuit.

What a morning. To say im hooked is an understatement.

DC5
As I was a first timer the marshall took me out with him in the jeep and I followed his lines to get an idea of the track. 3 laps behind him then I was off. The nerves just settled and I relaxed. My first lap I gave about 50% of my talent. The car took it in its stride like it was a normal drive. As the speed increased the DC5 really started to feel at home on the track especially the k20 engine which lets you enter a corner in 3rd gear knowing you have that little bit of torque to accelerate out of the corner. The engine ran 100% today not once did it let me down in the 25-28 laps. The gearbox felt excellent on the track as well as the seating position and steering position.

Tires
At the moment I have Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 xl's on the car. The first few laps they held up very very well but once hot they start to loose a bit of grip causing a small bit of understeer in the fast corners. The tires gave excellent feedback so you knew exactly what was happening at every section of the course. The turn in on these tires were fantastic. You could hit every apex no problem.

Suspension
Everything is oem apart from the spoon springs. I found these very good on the track. In fast corners there was minimal body roll, they soaked up any bumps.

Brakes
These are 100% oem, no aftermarket pads, lines or discs. They held up ok. I wasnt pushing the car hard enough to see how good the brakes were but I could just sense with the pads in them now they wouldnt last too long. That would be the last thing you could want when your driving the car home. No brakes.

Passenger laps

Track prepped vx220. Upon climbing into this little car, strapping in the 4 point harness and putting the helmet on, I knew I was in for a treat but nothing could prepare me for the amount of grip that car had. Some of the race prepped cars there were finding it hard to keep with him in the corners. The corner speed approach was crazy from my eyes but the car just devoured them like it was nothing. The brakes were outstanding. Not one bit of fade same as the R888's he had all round. He was saying it weighed 870kg with 155bhp. He was doing 1:02 laps all day long. What a car. It honestly made my car feel like a big bus

Modified Honda s2000. I eyed up the car within minutes of arriving. Later on in the morning I was in the passenger seat. Sun beaming, roof down. Perfect. We took off out of the pits, first thing I noticed was the sound (wow) full buddyclub system. It just roars. As above had R888's and they just kept gripping. The brakes were equally as good. The experience was similar to the vx220 just not quiet as extreme. Really surprised me how well s2000's can handle. The one thing I really like about them is how sitting in the cockpit makes you feel like your in something special.

The morning flew in. 3 hours out on the track felt like 10 minutes. I will be doing trackdays whenever possible.

Improvements for the DC5
R888's, AD08a's or RE070's
Ferodo pads, uprated brakes and brake lines
Oil cooler for peace of mind
Fast road set up

Unfortunately I didnt take any pics as I was too busy enjoying myself.

great stuff chris

its hard not to get hooked on a day like today in mondello.

were there any scoobys down there?

did you time yourself?

great stuff chris

its hard not to get hooked on a day like today in mondello.

were there any scoobys down there?

did you time yourself?

Was a perfect day to experience mondello for the first time.

Didnt time myself. Seen 2 lads with an app that times them.

Will time myself next time. Doubt I was doing anything fast but I can see myself getting very competitive.

Only seen one subaru which came in for the evening session.

Sounds like you had a great day :)
Was a great day Tommy

Try dropping the tyre pressure next time out helps a good bit.

Sounds like you had fun, addictive so it is.

I started the day off with a cold tire pressure of 28 psi all round. No idea what it went upto hot. Will start to play around with psi next time

Today driving fairly fast through a slip way joining the m50 I found the rear felt a little unstable as if it could let go at any moment so I backed off.

Would this be normal in a light fwd car.

What could I do to get a much more planted feel ? Thicker ARB. I dont really want to go down the coilover route as its my daily.

Currently has spoon springs and goodyear eagle f1 tires

Noticed it a little bit at mondello as well but I thought the tire pressure increase a bit resulting in lack of grip from the tires

You ever get the Alignment done properly Chris Ciaran Larkin did mine on Wrx made it feel great Dec also very good.

Might Help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got the allignment set up the same place as I always do with my cars but I'd be open for trying somewhere else.

Ciaran doesnt be open the weekends does he. Dec is a bit far to travel

Think he is Chris

Best to ring him first discuss the problem really knows his stuff.

Yea Dec bit of a spin for us Dublin heads but never heard anything but praise????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Offaly isn't that far when you're getting quality. Ali Burrows also offers alignment setups. Baz got it done a couple years ago. Not sure how much he charges now.

The thread name was changed. for a second I thought you have another thread with 13 pages that I just see for the 1st time lol

Back