MY DC5 INTEGRA..

That's the plan down the road also to get a rbc intake manifold.

Im not in any rush to map it at the moment I just want it louder

That it could be John. If so I will take it off. I got a great deal on the whole lot so I said I may aswell give it a go.

Its not the regu 06r anyway.

That's the plan down the road also to get a rbc intake manifold.

Im not in any rush to map it at the moment I just want it louder

That it could be John. If so I will take it off. I got a great deal on the whole lot so I said I may aswell give it a go.

Its not the regu 06r anyway.
So your not modifying it for performance? Just noise?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

For the time being yeah. I don't have funds for a kpro or intake manifold at the moment due to saving for a house

The house!! Defo do the car, vtec decibels lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank god you said house. If you said car I'd worry about you haha

With this system you will probably hear me up in your new house :)

Sure I'm only about 2 miles away

Jesus Chris I think your mad trying to make the dc5 just louder, it's plenty loud already going by the video clip you posted,.if your going to go to all the trouble of manifolds, decat and exhaust system a remap is a must.

I think your car is perfect as is, my brother went messing with his old dc5 with mods etc and we both agreed it lost some performance because he never remapped it

Last edited:
Id leave it making it louder will ruin it Imo

Your car though no offence intended

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I might just leave it with putting the cat back on for the time being.

Leave the manifold and decat until I can afford to get it mapped.

If I dont like the sound I can always sell it and go back to standard. Im only experimenting at the moment :)

As for the sound now I love it when in vtec but before that its very quiet. I'd like a little bit of sound when I'm tipping around

Picked up this skunk2 gear knob during the week as mine is fairly tarnished. Was suppose to collect a skunk battery tie but they dont make them for a dc5 so I got a refund and ordered an oem dc5 battery tie from Honda. Should take about 4 weeks from the time of order.

Very happy with the product. As you can see theres a considerable weight difference between them. I find this helps give a more precise shift.

Will be interested to see how this one wears compares to oem

That looks slick. I found it nicer putting in a lightweight knob with my short shifter. It was weird trying to go back to the standard shifter. Can't for the life of me remember what brand I had in. Was also much nicer on the winter mornings.

You should give a go of polishing the standard knob while it's off. They come out very well.

That looks slick. I found it nicer putting in a lightweight knob with my short shifter. It was weird trying to go back to the standard shifter. Can't for the life of me remember what brand I had in. Was also much nicer on the winter mornings.

You should give a go of polishing the standard knob while it's off. They come out very well.

Do you remember what short shifter you had ? I think the dark colour looks very well with the rest of the cabin

May as well try polish it up when its off.

Got up early and went for a drive with my gf in her civic. Went out to howth to get some pics of them both.

The cars got a lot of attention together more so off older men though

nice pics

any pics of the bull terrier, he looks happy seating there in the car

Do you remember what short shifter you had ? I think the dark colour looks very well with the rest of the cabin

May as well try polish it up when its off.

Buddyclub. AEM seems to get good reviews as well. Buddyclub was so simple to fit.

Cheers Duffman.

He loves being in the car. He never usually poses for pics but I got lucky with this one.

Thanks John.

Heard great things about the k tuned short shifter until I looked up the price of them. Mad.

Will look into those 2 you suggested.

Went for my first longish journey in the DC5 during the week. Dublin to Rosslaire and back. Its over 300kms not sure on exact distance.

The DC5 really surprised me how well it performed. Surprisingly comfortable, quiet, eats up the motorway with ease, great on the twisties and cheap on petrol with 2 people in the car with suitcases. Cost about 35 euro to get there and back with a good bit of spirited driving.

Here it is resting up at Kilmacanogue, Wicklow as we had some lunch in avoca.

Couldnt ask for a more well rounded car.

I am more than confident bringing this car to Germany in September to tackle the mighty Nurburgring

Picked these up off one of the lads from DTDirl tonight

Supersprint 4-1 manifold and decat
Spoon b pipe
Kakimoto axle back

Hopefully tomorrow I get a bit of time to sand some of the surface rust off, detar and polish before they go on the car next weekend

Back