MY DC5 INTEGRA..

Heard the dc2's chassis are suppose to be that bit better from a few people, others say they are very even and some people prefer the dc5 chassis.

I suppose its all about what your after. All out rawness (dc2), rawness with a bit of comfort (dc5).

I have never driven a dc2 so I cant compare the 2

She's looking mint man. Saw a 07 one go up on donedeal for 15k!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Cheers Dave. Seen that alright. Never seen an 07 one. Few 06's alright. Apparently that 07 one is not the cleanest. Few of the lads on hondahaven went to view it last week

Cheers Dave. Seen that alright. Never seen an 07 one. Few 06's alright. Apparently that 07 one is not the cleanest. Few of the lads on hondahaven went to view it last week
I've seen that car up close recently to....big miles and not very well looked after

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Havent done much with the car lately instead of clean and drive it.

Today detailing shed opened up on top of elite auto clean so I said I would go out and have a look. Must say so impressed with their selection and the owner Dave is very knowledgeable when it comes to products and techniques. After a good chat with him I decided on the below

Mr pink shampoo
Big drying towel
bilt hammer clay bar 200g
bilt hammer wheel cleaner
ODK glamour wax (handmade)
20lt wash bucket

I had to leave the shop before I spent even more as I was eyeing up the DoDo juice 900watt pro DA polisher.

Before I went I dropped in on Ian in Elite auto clean to see the new premises. Very good set up. As this was my first time out to elite auto clean his line up of gtr's had me lost for words. His r34 gtr nur spec is beyond clean and the presence it has when you stand beside it is second to none. I only managed to get one picture of his

I was talking to Ian for about 30mins and the amount I learned about painting cars etc is unbelievable.

Will be 100% dropping the DC5 down to him for a treatment.

Last edited:
Has Ian anything to do wit the place upstairs
He is a sound lad he would talk all day about the car it's a beast.
I must pop out for some ironx and buckets
I only ordered some stuff the other day I didn't know this was opening.
Handy to know

Has Ian anything to do wit the place upstairs
He is a sound lad he would talk all day about the car it's a beast.
I must pop out for some ironx and buckets
I only ordered some stuff the other day I didn't know this was opening.
Handy to know

I think he was leasing upstairs at one point as well so I'd say so. It's mutually beneficial to both of them tbh. Detailing Shed was in a unit in swords with no customer area and now he has the draw of Elite customers. Ian now has to just walk upstairs for supplies. Win win.

Went for a drive tonight with the gf. Decided to let her have a little drive in it since I have never seen it from the outside while driving.

Got her to do a couple of pulls in it to see in my mind do I need an exhaust or not :D
https://youtu.be/opwsGKP8wX4
https://youtu.be/LVki2lt6H8w

If the cash flow allows me I think I will pick up a catback either end of this month or next month. Now to narrow down the searches :happy)

Sounds great Chris wouldn't change it

And I'd say on the cruise system u have won't attract any fancy new garda cars????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on your keys with her now Chris. I had Laura insured on the DC5 and she'd never give it any beans when I was in the passenger seat. She'd be changing gear before 3000. We had to go pick up a runaround one day but she didn't have the 3rd party extension so I had to let her drive the DC5 home and I took home the runaround. She wasn't afraid of giving it a boot full then. She had her feet up and cup of tea in her hand when I got in the door behind her. :roll:

Ian is leasing upstairs to Dave as he was previously just using it for storage.

Cheers lads I think it sounds nice on approach but kind of dies off once it goes past. Only problem as ciaran said with adding a cat back I would say along with added sound would be added attention.

Awh John who are you telling haha. With all my cars she has been good as gold with me in the passenger seat but I know well its different when I'm not with her. Saying that shes very good and my keys dont go missing that much :p
A week after I picked up the 535d I let her drive it home from cork as she was getting taken off the policy the next day. 2Hrs of backroads in msport was a very nervy drive home for me haha.

I tried out the my new ODK glamour wax this morning on the bonnet. This is their show quality wax.

I am fairly impressed with the results. Application is very good. Spreads nice and easily. Not as easy as HD wax though. I let it cure for 35mins and buffed off with a microfibre cloth.

Here are the results

Decided I would drop into Icetronix on the way home from work to order the following

Skunk2 dark gear knob
Skunk2 black battery tie

My original gear knob is a bit scratched looking and I badly needed to replace the rusty battery tie down as it lets down the engine bay big time.

Should be collecting them next week sometime.

I have organised an catback exhaust system from a lad on dtdirl which I will be getting the end of next month. Its a spoon b pipe and a kakimoto axle back. Cant wait to get it fitted to the car.

Plans for the weekend are as follows

Bring my Dad out to drive a gallardo (my birthday present to him), come home and give the car the full job (wash, detar, claybar, polish, wax then tackle the interior and engine bay) if it doesnt rain.

Sunday I am going down to bray to attend my first Cars+Coffee meet which I am really looking forward to :happy)

So icetronix was onto me during the week to tell me skunk dont produce a battery tie for a dc5. Icetronix are trying to sort another brand. I suggested k-tuned.

Have a supersprint manifold and decat lined up as well to go with the spoon b pipe and kakimoto backbox. Should be getting them in about 2 weeks

Cant wait to hear how it sounds

So icetronix was onto me during the week to tell me skunk dont produce a battery tie for a dc5. Icetronix are trying to sort another brand. I suggested k-tuned.

Have a supersprint manifold and decat lined up as well to go with the spoon b pipe and kakimoto backbox. Should be getting them in about 2 weeks

Cant wait to hear how it sounds
I hope your planning on getting a K pro and mapping it. Other wise the decat and all the other mods will be completely pointless

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back