MY DC5 INTEGRA..

I got stung the same way. Ordered 3G discs. Came in 3G box etc. Went to fit them a couple months later and they looked nothing like 3G discs when I opened the box. Smaller disc. Smaller grooves. Checked the edge and searched a part number and they came back as Havam discs for an Accord. Absolute ball ache.

Second try with brakes for the DC5.

These brake discs are so much heavier than the civic type r discs that I received which was a surprise.

I went for

Oem brembo front and rear discs
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Stoptech sports rear pads.

Cant wait to get these fitted. Had DS2500 pads on my impreza a few years ago and they were excellent. I anticipate these will be even better as the DC5 is 200kg lighter than the sti. Not sure when I will get around to fitting them.

Plan for tomorrow is to give the car a good going over. I havent washed it in about 6 weeks. Looking forward to sorting it out as it annoys me every time I look at it.

Today as planned I gave the teg a good clean after 6 weeks of awful weather and grease on the body from changing brakes the previous week

I carried out the following

Pre-wash
Washed (reflect autocare cherry bomb shampoo)
Wheel cleaner (reflect auto wheel cleaner)
Traffic film remover (reflect autocare) stripping previous wax, polish and contaminants
washed again
Dried
2 coats of polish (autoglym super resin polish)
1 coat of wax (autoglym hd wax)
Dressed tires (megs tire gel)

Here are a few before and after pics

Have the car booked in next weekend for the following

Fit front and rear brake discs and pads

New brake fluid

Full suspension check over

Clean the IACV

Hopefully new tires next month if all goes to plan

Off I went last Saturday morning to drop the teg into icetronix to get the following fitted

Brembo discs front and rear
Ferodo DS2500 pads up front
Stoptech sport pads at the rear
Fuchs brake fluid
Full suspension check

Heard back from them later on that day. Discs and pads went on no problem but the bleed nipple snapped off and the thread was left inside the caliper.
Calipers had to wait until Monday to get dropped down to a machine shop. Machine shop was flat out and only got started on them tuesday. Both calipers were able to be repaired using a helicoil.

Wednesday morning calipers went back on the car.

Went to collect the car Thursday. After 6 days of not being behind the wheel on the teg I had in my eyes to sell up and get something else.

Got feedback that the suspension was perfect.

As soon as the keys turned in the ignition the romance was back. The drive home was full of highs.

I forgot how good the driving position was, how nice the steering wheel was to hold, the precise steering, amazing grip, the heavenly sound. The idea of selling it was completely gone as I just cant think of anything that could replace the teg for less than 20k.

Heres a picture of the new discs upfront, its nice not having a lip

Friday night off I went to Cork with the gf. The car preformed faultlessly. For a performance car its really something else how a dc5 can turn into a motorway mile muncher with great ease.

Sunday morning I went to an empty industrial estate to bed in the brakes as its not something I would be comfortable doing on the road.

I started off doing 10-15 50% stops from kph. Every stop I preformed the bite got more and more aggressive. I started doing a few 70-80% brake pressure from 60-70kph. I must have performed around 20-30 hard stops. Not a single bit of fade but the smell of brakes was in the air ha

Today I decided to test out a product my better half picked up for me some months ago.

It is a sealant from chemical guys for the interior trim. This product has a uv blocker in it so it stops the trim from fading.

Gave the inside a quick clean and wipe down. Hadnt been hoovered in months.

The product itself was very easy to apply. Put a small pea size blob on a microfibre and spread.

The more layers you apply the wetter the surface looks. I applied 2 layers as I am not mad on the shiny look. I even risked applying the sealant to the steering wheel. To my surprise it didnt make the steering wheel slippery like most dressings.

Here are 2 pics on how the cock pit turned out

Be interesting to see how long the product lasts.

Next thing I would like to do is steam clean the matts and wet vac the seats as they are dirt magnets

Just booked the car in with discount tires on saturday to get a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires.

Really looking forward to seeing how these compare to the Goodyear Eagle F1's

We're they expensive chris

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

140-150 a tire. That's fitted and balanced.

You can get them for about 120ish each online but shipping and bringing it somewhere to fit would be more hassle.

Not worth it for saving a few euros.

Jesus that's a grand price so. I had a bit of fun with a DC5 on my way to the gym on Sunday, thought it was you but it was someone else

Jesus that's a grand price so. I had a bit of fun with a DC5 on my way to the gym on Sunday, thought it was you but it was someone else

Its not a bad price for whats considered the best road tire you can buy for 18s

All under the speed limit of course :)

How did the DC5 compare to the impreza. With yours mapped now I wouldn't think the DC5 would stand a chance

Its not a bad price for whats considered the best road tire you can buy for 18s

All under the speed limit of course :)

How did the DC5 compare to the impreza. With yours mapped now I wouldn't think the DC5 would stand a chance
Oh yes enthusiastically approaching the limit.

He kept up for a bit.....then my turbo spooled and he was gone ha

Today I got the below tires fitted at discount tires in Blanchardstown. First time using them. Have to say they are very friendly and would use again

I got my eagles checked by the technician before changing them over. He said there is still plenty of thread left. In they went into the boot

Got the alignment sheet back off him. Noticed 3 red sections. 2 were for the rear camber of the tires. These cant be adjusted without adjustable camber arms.

The drivers side camber is in the red too which I will have to look into the cause of this

My next purchases will be adjustable camber bolts for the front and rear camber arms for the rear. Once fitted I will get it properly set up.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Immediately after driving on these I noticed a difference over the eagle f1's. The PS4 were more comfortable, absorbed bumps alot better and were quieter.

I only covered around 25kms since fitment so they still have to be scrubbed in to get optimum performance.

As it was wet out I only gently drove the car around corners but the difference was night and day to the eagles. The steering response was razor sharp, the grip seems never ending, the confidence they provide is incredible.

With my eagles in the dry I wasnt able to get power down in first gear the wheels just kept spinning, once in second the tires finally gripped. In the wet 2nd gear would spin.

I thought I would give the ps4's a go in the wet. First try I only went upto 4k rpm. I expected them to struggle for grip but there was zero drama, they were able to put down 100% of the power. Even though I found this hard to believe on my next first gear pull I went fairly aggressively upto 7k rpm. I braced myself ready to control the wheel spin and straighten the car up. None of this happened. Not a single bit of wheel spin, just transferred the power and away it pulled.

I had to laugh to myself in disbelief. These tires are incredible. This is how a DC5 should leave the factory floor.

My love for this car has grown even further. I would 100% recommend these tires to anyone with a performance/non performance car.

Simply amazing

Booked the teg in for the following on the 22nd

Oil and oil filter change
Fuel filter
Figuring out the reason why they could align my car properly

Will be buying more track/summer orientated tyres for the 17" wheels I have in the attic in the next week or so

The following was done yesterday

Shell ultra helix 5w40 oil
Honda oil filter
Honda fuel filter

Car feels a bit smoother to drive after the fuel filter was done

Ordered a set of these on Monday.

Cant wait to see how they perform out on track and general day to day driving during the summer

Not a lover of the dc5 but my god you have converted me. Car is a credit to you pal. Those tyres are serious the only problem I had with them was I ordered a soft compound and they didn't last very long. Harder compound is the option I should of went for.

Not a lover of the dc5 but my god you have converted me. Car is a credit to you pal. Those tyres are serious the only problem I had with them was I ordered a soft compound and they didn't last very long. Harder compound is the option I should of went for.
At the rate Chris buys things for his car he will have a new set before the thread is half way gone! Fair play man. They look like some serious shoes for her

Back