RB5/Series 2 Turbo 2000 Compatabliity

tommytoofar

Hi everyone, new boy here looking for information. Intend to be active here regularly, so thanks for letting me in :thumbsup:

I have a 2000 Reg Impreza Turbo that started to overheat etc early this year.

I have sourced an RB5/Turbo 2000 for breaking with a good engine etc.

Do I need to also get the wiring harness for the ECU or will the wiring harness from my 2000 Impreza meet up with the RB5/PPP ECU the same way?

Likewise, I am also trying to purchase the exhaust system. Is this necessary to run the ECU or are there other exhausts on the market that will be compatible to provide best perfromance with the map and fuelling, back pressure etc required by the ECU I have done the deal for?

All help/assistance is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Cheers Keith. Delighted to join here, have heard great things and I'm really excited about hopefully having my Impreza back on the road and better than ever. :049:

welcome along :thumbsup:
im sure someone in the know can answer better
but as far as i know
everything swops over they are both v5/v6 type uk cars so ecu pins etc are the same
so just swop engine and ecu over
plenty of second hand exhausts out there to buy
and you can run the standard one from the turbo 2000 no problem until you find one you like so no rush there
hope this helps and best of luck with the job :thumbsup:

Thanks, I just want to ensure I get the full potential. I believe I need to use the Y pipe from the car, don't know if just this or the exhaust too.
Either way exciting....hopefully not too expensive times ahead!!

OK, but the WR Sport upgrade was also available for the RB5/ Turbo GT Series II, complete with the Prodrive rear wing, PPP ecu etc....AFAIK
All I want to know is do I need the Prodrive Y Pipe and exhaust system to match up with the different maps of the PPP ECU?

You will need key. Transponder etc from other car.

or bring car to main dealer to get your key coded to it.

Really? is that always the way with it? Is that a big job? Removing transponder I mean. Can it be adapted to the key of my own car, without the original key. I only have 1 key for my own Subaru, with a separate Cobra fob for central locking.

Last edited:
Would need ecu. Transponder and ring on end of barrel. And then switch key chip into your key or one made up for car to fire up.

Transponder is in the original key matched to the ECU I imagine. Big job to get at/remove, including the ring on the barrel?

I'm getting the feeling that it's not the end of the world!!

Last edited:
Back