Are the Blob Eyes going up in value

Smokybabs

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question regarding my 2005 Wide Track STI Blob Eye.

I paid £6,200 for it with 54,000 miles about 2 1/2 years ago and it currently has 66,000 miles.

I have noticed that some 2004 STI's with 88+ miles are going for around £8,000

Are the prices of the Blob Eyes going up in value and are they continuing to go up in price.

Rather than sell it im thinking of keeping it for a while as an investment.

I think it's due to the fact that you bought it when the country was in deep recession.

All cars weren't selling at the time therefore the prices dropped down.

You were very lucky!

I personally think they gone down in value during the recession and now, they are just getting back to their realistic value. They are still way cheaper compare to let say EVO from the same year. On the top of that thanks to the government/tax/fuel/insurance etc. we wont see many new sti's coming in to the country. On the other side if we judge by the classic's only more special models hold their value like type r, ra, p1, 22b etc. and I think the same will be with the new age. if you have spec C, ra, ra-r s202/3/4/5..., wr1, type 20/25, rb320 would go up but the rest with normal spec wont. I have 05 sti and dont consider it as an investment(well I do invest good bit of money in it but thats another story ) or that I will make money on it in the future.

I'm of the opinion a good sti will hold its value but may well go up in price if demand for them returns .

Look at older fast fords ( xr rs etc ) they are holding serious values . And good ones and rarer models are mental money . Impreza models like the 22b type r s204 et will always be the big money cars but standard sti's won't be to that level but will appeal to those who can't afford 40k on a 22b .

Back