Underbody refresh

Had my old car Shultz and to be honest I never liked it lumps falling off, if water gets in under it your in trouble as it never dries out
That stuff sounds the job treat it paint it the wax it should last forever

What would you think of clear cavity wax? If the car is clean and local rust spots treated then apply a layer of wax over everything. This will protect
the undersides from the dreaded salt .
Regarding shultz I've seen it flake off after a period to reveal ugly rust underneath.
Gravitex anti chip would be better and is over paintable as an option.
What year of car was this and what duration was on applied? i.e. year applied. Year peeling.

What year of car was this and what duration was on applied? i.e. year applied. Year peeling.
Good products shouldn't peel off regardless of duration.
It was a 50s ford built with real metal.
I'd guess it peeled after a period of years but can't be more specific.
3M do a 2 pack under seal which comes in a foil bag. It's savage stuff but goes on fairly rough so might not suit every application. It's overpaintable too.

Ciaran knows or at least knew someone who did it. Proper scrub down of shell and sealed. He was telling me about it around 2 years back. I remember him saying he wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Ciaran knows or at least knew someone who did it. Proper scrub down of shell and sealed. He was telling me about it around 2 years back. I remember him saying he wouldn't recommend anyone else.

I think the lads he knew have shut up shop since then.
I'm still on the hunt for a place as the lad I was thinking of leaving it with won't be getting my business.
I have to see a lad in clane as soon as I get a dry day he is saying all the right stuff and has put me well off Shultz even if it is a propper job as it chips and water can get in and sits under it and never drys out .
For a proper job I could be looking at 2k that's everything subframe and new bushings
I just need to get it sorted asap before the real winter sets in .
I'll keep you guys posted on how I get on as I have 4 lads looking for the same job so I guess I'll be the test car lol.

Fairly sure he told me they were out Kildare direction so could be same. Think he said they use a mix that came on land rovers and old V1 subaru. Early 90's stuff but I'd say you want a clear coat or white?

Back