Replace a door lock actuator on an a6 C6 chassis?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
I know there has been a few on here with various forms of a6 cars. I have a replacement lock assembly for the s6 but seems like its a big job to replace it. I have the door card off so far, but cant find any good videos etc showing what needs doing, there is mentioning of removing the window, window actuator and window from to get it done which seems like a lot of work! Does anybody have any hands- on experience swapping one on the 2006-2010 a6 model?

Ciaran rs-ra would, need to do my rear drivers side one but wouldn't be bothered myself, its not worth the pain and anguish that working on cars typically brings. You're a sucker for punishment, ha!!

Yeah I'm starting to regret it, if it was one of the rear doors i wouldn't mind but its the front passenger side and herself has been giving out since i bought the car since she cant get into it! It would be worth the pain to end the nagging!

I'd say there is a lot going on inside them doors
Ciaran or Graham spec c might be a good men to talk to.

cheers, this seems like a nightmare to swap, door card out, window frame off, window regulator off. Its less stressful to just leave it in somewhere to get sorted, ill give Graham spec c a shout to see if he could sort it for me

Back