1997 STI V-Limited

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
So I dropped my car off today to have the gearbox repaired (2005 WRX) and my mechanic gave me a loaner car! Great says I, a fookin micra or something.... But no! This is what he gave me and im in love!!!

Attachments

• 1 sti.jpg
    1 sti.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 2 sti.jpg
    2 sti.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 5 sti.jpg
    5 sti.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 6 sti.jpg
    6 sti.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 8 sti.jpg
    8 sti.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 106
:clap:Very nice :clap: Now stay off the lawn with this 1 :icon_grin::icon_grin:

is this your second rebuild on the gearbox you Got it done 2 weeks ago :icon_sad::icon_sad: did the first one let go again or what

:clap:Very nice :clap: Now stay off the lawn with this 1 :icon_grin::icon_grin:

is this your second rebuild on the gearbox you Got it done 2 weeks ago :icon_sad::icon_sad: did the first one let go again or what

Ha Ha. No, Rebuild was done a few weeks ago. Just fitting now. I had an old spare box in the car in the mean time....

Anyone have a link to the original spec of the car? What exactly is its title etc.... And BHP, 0-60mph times etc.... Love to know more about it.

Anyone have a link to the original spec of the car? What exactly is its title etc.... And BHP, 0-60mph times etc.... Love to know more about it.

Love that car. Wasnt sure did he still have it or not.

Thats a MY97 WRX STi Version 3 V-Limited. Factory @ 280bhp does it have DCCD?
Was very near close to buying it one time but held out for the V2 i have now for the McRae seats etc.
Would love to get a pic of it with my own one.

Last edited:
Love that car. Wasnt sure did he still have it or not.

Thats a MY97 WRX Type RA STi Version 3 V-Limited. Factory @ 280bhp should have DCCD etc.
It should have a model code GC8D4DD.
Was very near close to buying it one time but held out for the V2 i have now for the McRae seats etc.
Would love to get a pic of it with my own one.

Oh right. My man only has it about 6 months.... No DCCD in it though....

Just checked there now, model code is GC8D4ED....

Last edited:
V3 Sti V-Limited. Had options of DCCD and different exhaust etc from factory. I think. I didn't think they were Limted by 555. I thought that was 95 V2 and came in GC and GF.

Its great when you get a lend of a nice car from your mechanic. I remember Dave Byrne giving us a lend of a 97 impreza sti wagon until the Subaru was ready

Ya, he has a 2000 reg blue type r. Just finished rebuilding it from scratch. Some car now....

I checked the model code there, its GC8D4ED

Ok so she isnt a type RA. Wouldnt know him directly but a buddy does so must get over and have a look at those cars, nice collection.

V3 Sti V-Limited. Had options of DCCD and different exhaust etc from factory. I think. I didn't think they were Limted by 555. I thought that was 95 V2 and came in GC and GF.

Ya they were limited as they won the '96 manufacturer's title.

Ok so she isnt a type RA. Wouldnt know him directly but a buddy does so must get over and have a look at those cars, nice collection.

Ya they were limited as they won the '96 manufacturer's title.

Is it not the Catalunya that commemorates the 1996 manufactures title win?

We rebuilt that about 7-8 years ago.

I booked 555 reg etc and brought her in from UK with big end failure

In uk ad prior to purchase

a468f7ae8a68d36a16e7017abe001437.jpg
55220e2b6a94c6c01d6c1688ed6afea6.jpg
aa813df8063ed78f8b8ccc5c54fb8b37.jpg
8d54fde6abdb45badcf570a012ce19e1.jpg

Last edited:
Back