De-cat vs hi flow cat vs stock cat on a daily

Aren't high flow cats usually 100 or 200 cell? 400cell is very close if not the same as most car manufacturers use as standard

Oem cats aprox 600/700 cell acording to Rcm

200 on mine dave passes no issues last 2 years????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
would the hole point of this not be that the cat is in the centre section and then would be easy just to change out for a decat centre section, yah??

400 sounds a lot
I'm just gonna but a universal cat and weld it into the miltec down pipe will cost about 200 Euro place beside me here welds stainless
900 pounds for the milltec sports cat 200cell

This all seems very strange indeed. To be honest decat downpipe and swap in/out seems to save a lot of hassle. When I get the stuff from them il send it on here for people to have a look.

Would be why id be doing it
I would leave the lambda sensor where it is I wouldnt move that
The car I seen passed with just a catted mid section
lambda was left on decatted down pipe
then just swop the centre section test time in and out
Question is will a spurious cat be up to the job ?
I have no idea

would the hole point of this not be that the cat is in the centre section and then would be easy just to change out for a decat centre section, yah??

Think there's a reason the main cat is in the downpipe that it's gets really hot there ect mabay if the cat is further away it wouldn't be as efficenct ie fail?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know Souhans test the emissions after they do the work so you would know before you leave if it works

So these are the prices I was quoted

"Supply and fit front downpipe / decat – 375e"

Supply and fit 400 cell metallic cat flanged for easy in and out and also supply decat pipe – 295e

· This job may require lambda extension wire loom and / or rear lambda defouler

The top price is for a downpipe made by one of my suppliers in the UK

The bottom price is for a 400 cel metallic cat with fitting into the centre section and this will require 6 flanges , then it includes making a decat section for this cat."

He is under the assumption the there is one cat on the downpipe and another on the centre section, im assuming if this is true that I mightn't have the second cat anyway. Havnt priced decats so don't know is this is pricey or not.

Last edited:
Back