drink driving case struck out

What a disgrace .

If he drove while drunk he should have faced the full recourse allowed by the law .

The whole crack of been done in English and irish is so stupid . When he was arrested and charged it would have been done in English alone.

I wonder would it have happened to a normal Joe soap, or cause he plays bog ball he got preferential treatment

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last year a lot of people got off it, In the thousands!
Not sure if it was the whole language thing..

But it did happen.fines were paid and no ban was issued.
Notification was then given after ban was over to collect the driving licence, when the licence was never handed over in the first place.

Completely mad...

... did anyone hear that victim impact statement last week of the woman who lost her son and was very badly maimed in a head-on-collision with a drunk driver in Laoise? Was hard to hear and not be affected like... The chap got a good hefty sentence there last week...

... and then this week they are letting others go for drink driving because it doesn't list the info in Irish? WTF like? Everyone involved, Gards, judge, driver... all speak English... one word... mental!

Its not just because of who he is. Its just because of who he is it made the news. Every drink driving case around the country where the intoxiliser was used is being, and will be, struck out. Some where in the legislation it makes reference to the result being provided in both English and Irish. If you give a blood or urine sample the results are returned from the medicial bureau of road safety in both Irish and English, so barristers argued the point that the breath print out should be the same. Judge agreed..... Crazy stuff! So, every one of them before the courts will now be dismissed as they come up!

As someone said already having heard that victim impact statement last week and then to hear this rubbish is hard to take. It's a fooked up little country we live in!!!

... did anyone hear that victim impact statement last week of the woman who lost her son and was very badly maimed in a head-on-collision with a drunk driver in Laoise? Was hard to hear and not be affected like... The chap got a good hefty sentence there last week...

One of the toughest things I've ever read Charles. She's an incredibly brave woman. Don't think I'd be as strong if anything like that happened to my little fella.

One of the toughest things I've ever read Charles. She's an incredibly brave woman. Don't think I'd be as strong if anything like that happened to my little fella.

I hear you Jamie. I was in the car with Maebh and the kids at the time and was on the news they read it out... Was heart breaking, especially as Maebh broke down beside me... hard not be affected like. You are right in saying the lady was brave and strong to cope between losing her child while she was pinned in her car wreck and couldn't hold him or really comfort him while he died, to living with the loss, to dealing with all her own injuries and physical pain -- and despite all that she found the strength to write a victim impact statement that can't but affect all who hear / read it... with the view to try and make people think - and hopefully save a few lives. Respect!

-and then in contrast to her incredible story... they're letting folks off who clearly were over the limit with drink because the report has no Irish language version on it - and more than likely if there was Irish on it they couldn't fully read / understand it anyway. How ironic... and how depressing...

Attachments

• SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_1.jpg
    SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_1.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 199
  • SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_2.jpg
    SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 188
  • SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_3.jpg
    SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_3.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 184
  • SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_4.jpg
    SUBARU_LEGACY_STI_2006_4.jpg