Who has a dyno?

You happy with the results federal? What map work did you get done?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

can say defo happy with job, buts sadly was hoping reach 300hp but was short 7hp. anyway its not mappers fault i think.
in another hand aonghus dyno are known to read lower figures compare to other dyno buts its important if u chasing numbers.
but how car goes and feels on road yes i am happy

can say defo happy with job, buts sadly was hoping reach 300hp but was short 7hp. anyway its not mappers fault i think.
in another hand aonghus dyno are known to read lower figures compare to other dyno buts its important if u chasing numbers.
but how car goes and feels on road yes i am happy
That's all that important chasing figures a mugs game all about how it drives ????

Why put your car on the rollers at the rolling road day then? Some people genuinely don't care which is great but then others say "its all about how it drives" after they don't achieve expected figures on the rollers...

Why put your car on the rollers at the rolling road day then? Some people genuinely don't care which is great but then others say "its all about how it drives" after they don't achieve expected figures on the rollers...
Going to rolling road for the crack with the lads that's all the car been rolling road 3 times already.

was considering bringing the Swift for the crack but nothing like having a load of subarus together the drive up ect..

And I'm genuinely happy what how my car drives and far as I'm concerned it is all bout how it drives the fact it made the power it did is inconsequential.

The car has to drive well, that's the very starting point. The mapper then needs to have the ability to get the most out of the mods. But you or anyone else here hasn't put mods on their car to make them slower, that's for damn sure. So if you did all those mods, spent all that money and still only made slightly above standard WRX power you'd still be happy? There's no way in hell!!

I've been both sides of the fence, the legacy made 25bhp less than the mapper quoted but the Spec C made more than expected. Just this idea of it being all about how it drives is silly, everyone going to the rolling road day has an expectation of power from their car and will be disappointed if the car doesn't make that power.

Course if it only made sightly more than stock I'd be dissapointed and there'd have to be a problem with the motor if that was the case.

The point I'm trying to put across is I like many before and many to come used to be wanting a figure wanting the bigger numbers.

Till I got sence,
It's a never ending struggle wanting more more even a addiction really easy to get caught up in it, and does it make us happy I don't think so.

My first few mods then first map 290 bhp few more mods 333 bhp and last one made 300.

Was I dissapointed with the 300 fook no car way quicker comes on power sooner pulls harder through revs and has a better top end and is averaging 28 to 30 mpg.

Hence for me it is bout how it drives not what figure has been handed to you.

I'd say with the muck fuel that's got considerably worse over the last while people might make less power while it may be dissapointing it's not the end of the world

A print out while nice is just a print out.

Attachments

• SSA50594.JPG
    SSA50594.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 123
  • blue scoobie (1).jpg
    blue scoobie (1).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Mapping for me isn't about figures. The DC5 when first mapped was 220bhp on Urbans Dyno dynamics. Which was notorious for being a ball buster. Which was true because I saw cars that were 180 factory read 160, 165 etc.

When it was mapped on the road the second time, it was completely different. Different response. Different feel. Different VTEC crossover points. What was even more amazing was I drove it for the road mapping! Up and down from morning til.mid afternoon to get everything right. I wouldn't notice a lot of small changes on the map being loaded up but then every 10th flash, boom, car was completely different.

After the mapping I had to leave the car for a few days. The changes were so gradual and time consuming, I'd never feel a difference if I just kept driving.

From that I both found a love for mapping and I'd never want to be in a car again while it's being mapped. I want to be able to sit in to a completely different machine.

That's what I had with the DC5 and it was so much so that I was never bothered to find out what it had on paper. Partly because the only dyno it had ever been on was gone so there was no control to it but also because even if it had been on another and it read lower, the car certainly didn't feel that way!

I'd prefer to be in it and driving it myself so it's tailored for my driving style
not sure if it makes a difference but at least the mapper is viewing it the way it will be running after the mapping
it wouldn't stop me from picking a mapper if I couldn't get it as long as the car still drove great
but if I was given the option I would prefer it personally

I know it's a bit off the topic but would you who used Aonghus for mapping reveal how much did it cost you ?? I just would want to know what cost to expect if I decided to re-map my v4 STI.

It really depends if it's a tweek or full map with no other work involved . Be better off to ring him ball park 350 /500

I rang him a little while ago, 400 for mapping to run on irish fuel and 450 if tlyou want that and the timing tables tweaked for performance

Back