Irish car culture tonight

Typical normal shite....

But

A program bout cars and coffee, ternure classic car show and Irish subaru drivers club going to Barretstown to bring sick kids for a spin and make a fuss outta them wouldn't get the ratings

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Didn't bother watching it I knew it would be dirt but when I looked at them clips and seen that gobshite from the apprentice a few years ago on it I'm glad I didn't watch it. Looks to be the usual shite full of gobshite's to be honest!!

.It was a joke broad daylight and doing drag races and then the other one makes the comment sure every car club does

Last edited:
Bound to annoy everyone here, and concentrate on the worst stereotypes of car culture and boy racers.

Pretty much as expected, take the worst of car culture in Ireland and put that on show. All these lads with their worthless shitters diffin around the roads.

This show has done as much as expected and just reinforced the general stereotype

Absolute tripe. And then that idiot landed In the horrendous yellow Impreza and topped off the whole show. And as for the dopes drag racing! Fcuk me that's the worst I have ever seen.

Was absolutely awful. Yellow Impreza man was caught with no insurance eight times and seemed quite proud of the achievement. And my god it totally reinforced why I hate the Toyota a e eighty six so much. It represents absolutely everything wrong with the car scene in this country

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Utter sh*t, typical rte taking the worst and highlighting it!!!

Totally agree with ciaran comments, but sadly rate won't cover that as its not interesting(w@nkers in rte)

There has to be a back lash from this! It cant be ignored. I can just imagine the amount of complaints lodged this morning with the RSA, Guards etc.... They will have to be seen to do something. If not its giving the impression that it is being tolerated. And that Fookin fool organising the BMW drag race will be first on the list! And to be honest, rightly so! That to me was gone beyond dangerous driving to endangerment!

Didn't watch it, for all the reasons you guys already listed.

There are so many car and motor clubs in Ireland - proper ones - that will be pissed at the antics shown and the hassle it will bring down on the genuine people.

There are places online to leave comments for RTE and think should find the link and leave comments to tell them exactly how we feel about their piece of "journalism". Have to run now to bring kids to school, but will have a look later and post link if can find a good place.

Was absolutely awful. Yellow Impreza man was caught with no insurance eight times and seemed quite proud of the achievement. And my god it totally reinforced why I hate the Toyota a e eighty six so much. It represents absolutely everything wrong with the car scene in this country

I have had ae86 all my life you can't tarnish all ae86 owners with the same brush
I agree they get portrayed in a bad way by the likes of that sh*t on TV last night
But a lot of the lads who have them now don't even take them out of the sheds and r true car enthusiasts
And I still have

I have had ae86 all my life you can't tarnish all ae86 owners with the same brush
I agree they get portrayed in a bad way by the likes of that sh*t on TV last night
But a lot of the lads who have them now don't even take them out of the sheds and r true car enthusiasts
And I still have
I've hated the a e eighty six my entire life. I have a very very very strong personal opinion on it.

All you have to do is ask the question, what sort of a muppet would volunteer to go on that supposed documentary.

I've hated the a e eighty six my entire life. I have a very very very strong personal opinion on it.

Hypocrite. The negative stereotype you have against the ae86 is exactly the same as the negative stereotype the general public have of all car enthusiasts or "boy racers", yet you still feel aggrieved by how the show and general public perceive us.

Hypocrite. The negative stereotype you have against the ae86 is exactly the same as the negative stereotype the general public have of all car enthusiasts or "boy racers", yet you still feel aggrieved by how the show and general public perceive us.
No no.....I'm not I hate it on an entirely mechanical and engineering level to... Bad engine...bad gear box...paper thin body panels....awful interior...... Terrible design... Real representation of everything wrong with the eighties bit like a dmc twelve....just horrible all round

Last edited:
I didn't even bother to watch after seeing the trailer of them talking about car 'enthusiasts' while showing drag racing in I presume it was Ballymount and a load of diffing on a country road.

No no.....I'm not I hate it on an entirely mechanical and engineering level to... Bad engine...bad gear box...paper thin body panels....awful interior...... Terrible design... Real representation of everything wrong with the eighties bit like a dmc twelve....just horrible
The ae86 was away ahead of its time when it was launched in the 80s a lot you know about them

No no.....I'm not I hate it on an entirely mechanical and engineering level to... Bad engine...bad gear box...paper thin body panels....awful interior...... Terrible design... Real representation of everything wrong with the eighties bit like a dmc twelve....just horrible all round

That is one of the most stupidest uneducated posts I ever seen... And from a car person????? WTF.

Bad engine and Bad box????? I think the hardship they have with stands says different..

Panels on most Jap cars are light..???

Awful interior???? Seriously??
You do realise you are talking about a car that came out in 83???? Name a few cars that were better?

Last edited:
Back