Side skirts

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
I'm thinking about taking the side skirts off the car if I do I will be left with some holes running along the bottom
My question is what to do with the holes rubber grommet ?? If so where would I get some.
Cheers
Keith

Good decision, I should have done it from day 1. And had planned to do it if I ever put the car back on the road again.

Don't know about grommets but you could just put the clips back that are holding the side skirts from underneath for the time being

I did this to my type r a few years ago keith, any body shop will have plastic flat grommets, I hand painted mine as they were so small and then lacker them and then heated them to harden, they just push in and look very neat

Abbey seals do the rubber grommets so I'll pop in there tomorrow
It will be getting a full underseal soon (cough cough) Ciaran ....I know he loves this sort of thing lol

Attachments

• mini meet pics 013.jpg
    mini meet pics 013.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 139
Was reading a post about undersealing a car advice was get 3 tins of underseal fook one over your head and apply the other 2 to the car ????

If you look under the car there's6 factory holes on the underside well there is on mine lol

Oh right there must be so!
Never noticed them...
Plug them with something and under seal I reckon.job done.

Are the skirts for sale then....? Need to hide a dent!

Not at the minute I'll put them in the attic for a few weeks just in case I don't like the look of them off

Sorry for the hijack but I have a set of twisted ones there Graham in 02c if you're interested

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back