Should i?

Would you go back down the years a bit and get an rs as it's the 1 to have really . I know what your saying about the price. I think The s6 would be a great car at the right money probley 15k

I could have bought an rs6 from him about a year ago, 2003 model but i dont want an older car to be honest, onwards and upwards is my philosophy. Trying to find a clean older rs6 these days would be a hard task. And parts on them would still cost an arm and a leg over S model parts.

Agreed. But if either of them go wrong your looking a serious money . When I looked at rs avant I was told to have 10k ready for if it went wrong engine wise and 5k for suspension so history is hugely important

Could be wrong but I remember Nicky saying his M5 cost around the 17k mark for a 2006 model, I was looking at them the other day and a lot are still priced well above 20k.

What would be a realistic price for a 2006 M5?

Mate bought an 06 two years ago for 19k kept it for 6 months got 12k on trade in
got fed up with the 500 euro a week fuel bill and niggle things that where costly going wrong on it
I brought a new one in from Germany back in 2006 for another mate and that had lots replaced in the first 6 months all suspension etc.
there great cars but they do feel heavy and are lumpy in city driving
i think a 4 door m3 sleeper would be a better everyday car or if you need similar size I think the merc e55 would be a much better car to live with

Could be wrong but I remember Nicky saying his M5 cost around the 17k mark for a 2006 model, I was looking at them the other day and a lot are still priced well above 20k.

What would be a realistic price for a 2006 M5?

I honestly don't think the v10 model will loose that much money.
Rare enough car in great condition.
Don't think the video clip does it justice either. It sounds like the Devils car????

Just buy it! :)
Pm me when you need it scanned!

It may never cost you a cent to be fair but.... There is always a but!!
I scratched that itch years ago with an Evo M3... Fantastic car never broke down but the receipts for parts to have it perfect would frighten you even 10 years later.

I reckon do it if you have no major overheads.
I did living at home with a great wage at the time.

Houses ruin the fast car buzz!

Just buy it! :)
Pm me when you need it scanned!

It may never cost you a cent to be fair but.... There is always a but!!
I scratched that itch years ago with an Evo M3... Fantastic car never broke down but the receipts for parts to have it perfect would frighten you even 10 years later.

I reckon do it if you have no major overheads.
I did living at home with a great wage at the time.

Houses ruin the fast car buzz!

Yeah i better get it done before i get another mortgage around me neck! I'll be talking more to him today, the closer to 15 i can get him the better

Best of luck with it, buy with your gut, if you lose money on it so be it, you might not after all.

Youll be a long time dead so may as well enjoy this living part!

Pop out to Ian in Elite and ask for a spin in his S8. Last time I was talking to him he said it'd cost him between 24-28k to get a fresher one from the UK. He loves the thing. He said if he was to replace it, it'd probably be with another one. Same 5.2 V10 engines as the Audi R8. Soul destroying if you're caught in traffic though. There was one night he took the Kia Picanto home because he couldn't be arsed with traffic. :D When there's clear roads it's brilliant. Scary how quick and easy it picks up and handles speed. 100 feels like 40 he said!

Pop out to Ian in Elite and ask for a spin in his S8. Last time I was talking to him he said it'd cost him between 24-28k to get a fresher one from the UK. He loves the thing. He said if he was to replace it, it'd probably be with another one. Same 5.2 V10 engines as the Audi R8. Soul destroying if you're caught in traffic though. There was one night he took the Kia Picanto home because he couldn't be arsed with traffic. :D When there's clear roads it's brilliant. Scary how quick and easy it picks up and handles speed. 100 feels like 40 he said!

Theres one of them that does be in clontarf alright. The sound of them is insane. Not what you expect from a big comfy sleeper

How would i go about insuring two cars? As it might be a while before i decide what to do with the legacy etc. Is there anyone that does multi car insurance?

How would i go about insuring two cars? As it might be a while before i decide what to do with the legacy etc. Is there anyone that does multi car insurance?

Ciaran wrx had a thread on that last week Dan, a few of us gave our idea's and possible solutions

Well thats untrue

Back