Music thread

now i haven't read through 50 odd pages of this thread but any of you into old house music from the 90s not high speed shite good old
italian house ,belgian techno . also retro break dance music like sugerhill gang rappers delight ,melly mell ,grand master flash and even 2pac

i love the 80s as well
but mostly early 90s underground old school that some times on a rare night could be heard in

sides dc on dame street
the aslyum (bit of a kip )but some good tunes
the ormond .played at battle of the djs and got records stolen from me by scrotes
the olympic
the mansion house
even the george played some good house ,i got to play a 1 hour set there.

i had a set of sl1210s im sorry i sold them still have all my records
anybody into that kinda good old wholesome, orbital or such the like

Yeah I like it
More hip hop
But love old Skool dance from those club days
Have a set of 1200,s in the wardrobe
My power pack for my vestal mixer broke
And keep meaning to get the finger out and replace it
And get a good rack installed in sitting room so I can take them back out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do ya still have records ,never let them go man hey bring the decks I'll bring my technics amp and Bose speakers and a generator and we can have a spin at the next meet ha,,,,but seriously them decks are going for more than 500 each I seen a single deck going for 750e holy God ,,can't beat a good old school CD or mp3 mix and a nice spin

Yeah when I bought them in x music was told last 1200 in from distributor
Yeah have a fair amount of vinyl
Pass on to kids I'd never sell them
Few worth money I'd say already
Few sealed never opened etc hard to find stuff from diggin crates in record shops years ago
Oh they where the days LOL

Spent my youth in all of the above bar the Ormond just never liked the place ...was in the asylum the night of the shooting ...lol mad as fook some great night's had clubbing in Dublin

there about 3 years ago I went to an asylum reunion the music was amazing ,Liam dollard played a fantastic set and pat hyland ,and Billy scurry rocked the shop but by jasus all the burned out withered faces holy God years of drug abuse took its toll on some of their faces (or just terrible DNA ) ,,,, but the shooting my God.I still go to the odd old school rave every few months they pop up

Can't beat a good old school CD or mp3 mix and a nice spin

I'm a generation under you, things have changed since when I was young. I had CD's but now Spotify and other apps have taken over my double din. I haven't even picked up a CD in the last few years and barely watch any hard copy of movies unless it's something worth keeping.

Yep nothing quite like a good old old school CD ,or mp3 or spotafy thingy( I'm 40 )but some of the later baleric classics are deadly too like clubbers guide to Ibiza 99 Pete tong mix and gatcrasher club anthems 93-99 but generally I like stuff from 1990 -1993 after that just my opinion it got a bit unspecial like I don't nor ever did take pills that real old school music you wouldn't need to take anything as it was that good especially the Italian house of the early 90s
And anything from guerrilla records or r&s records ,and some very early altern8 silverdisk ep And the prodigy android ,weather experience
Hard-core uproar
Rave signal 3
People notforgotton remix
Underworld dark and long
Moby drug fits the face

If your down with these ya get my drift

Classic alright didn't mind a bit of progressive trance back in the day it's hard to find on Spotify. Had a mate who was brilliant on decks and mixing tunes had a monster vinyl collection but like one of the tunes "drugs taking your life away " sad don't see him anymore has a good job but he will always regret taking that sh*t. We reckon when we where young if a tune had a break beat in it would turn out to be a classic wasn't far off i.e. San tran Cisco by punchella. Just don't think the effort is put into new stuff

San trancisco is a cracker and you're right Gary it's not,I love old skool dance and hard house could listen to it anytime day or night

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back