im 3 now and i never wanted to be as 02 has swopped over
not sure if networks are shared
if they are then they both must have better coverage as a result

Thanks

My phone says different though

28e5e1c79971dd9c0b531a297bc7b48b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My work phone is 3.
few hours ago signal was completely gone.
Turned it off and back on and it's ok now.
Usually ok around town.

I find the service excellent to be fair, with them a few years now and very rarely have any problems. All the calls and texts I need, plus unlimited 4G for 20 odd quid a month. Neither Vodafone or O2 before the change would even come remotely close for the same package

Have had my problems with their billing department but once you stay calm and explain, you'll get what you need.

unlimited 4g is actually i think 8gb or 10gb
i was going to go with them but then i read that and didnt
hate false advertising
its a fair usage clause
still better than the rest to be fair

It is 15gb and after that they might slow your speed down if others are not getting high speeds and are under 15gb of allowance... Had that conversation with them recently.

My 3g Vodafone was faster than my 4g three sim. Pure sh*t coverage. Using Vodafone now and never any issues.

I have Netflix playing constantly on the train and use the hotspot for the laptop so its more than adequate for personal use IMO. Vodafone is a better network, especially if using it for work, but you will pay for it. The Vodafone equivalent of my plan is about €60 so nearly 3 times the price.

Oh and I use upwards of 20gb of data a month and have never experienced a slow down. In fact, I remember being worried about it and when I checked, there was no fair usage policy, even stated it on the website.

Last edited:
This side of the country they all shite, have one on Vodafone and work one on 3, very bad coverage on both struggle to make calls on either most days wouldn't even attempt Internet on them

And the above is typical ireland .

The further away from dublin you get the more services degrade. Well except for 3 . I travel the m11/n11 daily for work and the amount of signal black spots in 30 odd miles is ridiculous. 3 have great price packages but I don't think their sevice compares to Vodafone but I'd bet as 3 catches up in coverage so will their prices

Meteor the best coverage in d west in my opinion, travel a lot from cork to Galway nearly always have coverage, Vodafone coverage ok and 3 is poor

I was told once that the old 02 and meteor shared masts so how coverage varies between them confuses the sh1t out of me

O2 were sharing with Vodafone until 3 took over then the day it changed they lost signal in most of the north west. But vodafone just as bad aswell. Saying they are upgrading but not much improvement yer

It's 26 years since they started putting masts in iirc
youd think they would have the country sorted bye now

Back