Another oil question

gseco

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads. I'm going to do an oil change on my car. It's a 2005 wrx. Engine is standard with 135k kms. The car is daily driven doing approximately 200kms a week. What would ye recommend on using? From looking through previous threads it seems 10w40 is the most commonly used oil in a standard enough engine. Any particular brand ye would recommend? The car was last serviced by Dave in RSR by the previous owner I think the invoice says Fuchs 10/40 was used in it. Also am I best to get a genuine subaru filter?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Always go genuine on oil filters.
10/40 is fine if that's what it got in RSR, just use a good brand of oil.
Dave sells genuine filters if your not near a main dealer

Owner will get an options of Fuchs 10/40. Fuchs 5/30 or Motul 15/50

Only 3 oils we sell.

I cannot make an owner choose one over another.

Is this an 05 Blue WRX Reg. We done dimple groove discs back and front?

Yeah that's the one! Had you ever done any other work on the car apart from that time? Are you selling the fuchs oil Dave? If so how much for oil and filter?

What oil

Hi lads. I'm going to do an oil change on my car. It's a 2005 wrx. Engine is standard with 135k kms. The car is daily driven doing approximately 200kms a week. What would ye recommend on using? From looking through previous threads it seems 10w40 is the most commonly used oil in a standard enough engine. Any particular brand ye would recommend? The car was last serviced by Dave in RSR by the previous owner I think the invoice says Fuchs 10/40 was used in it. Also am I best to get a genuine subaru filter?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Didn't Suburu produce a tech bulletin some while ago regarding oil change?

Use a GF4 (now GF5) or SM oil if you have 2006 or later
Change oil at 3750 miles
Use synthetic if you want

Most GF5 are 5w30

Back