Aftermarket seats

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
The seats in the car (new age seats) are breaking me lower back question is would an aftermarket seal like a good sparco or recaro seat be a better option with more support in the lower back aera
Anyone recommend anything of know of a better seat
Cheers
Keith

I would have thought it was the peugeot
you sure its the impreza Keith
My back used to be in bits getting out of the saxo

Hi Keith,

Which kind of new age seat do you have (pic 1 or 2)?

My car came with 2 and kill my back too.
I could only drive the car by using an additional "memory" foam shaped like a 1/2 cylinder to put in my lower back.

The seats shown in picture 1 are the JDM ones and quite similar to the classic STI seats.
They give a lot more support I find and don't hurt my back (and don't need extra pillow for support).
I bought a set of the type 1 to fit into the car once she's back on the road.

Bucket STI type.jpg1

Normal STI type.jpg2

Attachments

• Bucket STI type.jpg
    Bucket STI type.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Normal STI type.jpg
    Normal STI type.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 75
Same as the ones in the 1st pic
But black
Colm it's deffo the impreza seat as it's going on years now the pug has a way more comfortable seat but not as supporting if your flinging it around
IMAG2226.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2226.jpg
    IMAG2226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
Looks the job Jamie
Any idea how it is attached it says Velcro don't think the Subaru seats are finished with the same material as the sparco so not sure if it would stick

Not 100% sure Keith... Some lightly stitched on Velcro pads to your own seat might work...??

In fairness every time I got out of that saxo I'd have to go the dentist to get my fillings put back in
Hard as nails that yoke

recaro seats are very snug and have a pump out back support that can be adjusted to what ever suits on the side panel but only the drivers seat

Get a set of electric seats from a legacy, lots of adjustment in them including adjustable lumbar support, height and tilt adjustment etc

Might be an idea to try baz's hatch seats . Should be more comfortable than the seats in the wr1 in theory (newer should mean better). Know the pain the new age seats cause and I don't suffer with back problems thankfully .

Back