Mighty car mods VW bug

DaveSleggy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpb2Him9CUo

Anyone watch this yesterday?

*******SPOILERS*************

They put a 2.5 forester engine in, with forged internals and a fairly hefty built turbo.

The results are impressive.

Kinda feels like it was rushed in the edit, and seem to have lost a hell of a lot of the actual build for speeded up montages with moogs (awesome) music dubbed over. Im kinda missing the driveway detailed vids. Not to say i dont like this kinda stuff but i dont want the sponsers to dilute their humor and tallent with outrageous requests and massive budgets.

Dont get me wrong I know for these shows to stay alive they need to adapt and evolve for the bigger audiences but this one whilst great in principle didnt feel as good as the gramps build.

They said in a blog a short while ago that they had to move to a warehouse away from Marty's parents driveway as there was fans interrupting filming and bothering his parents late at night.

Ah yeah i can only imagine theyre swamped with people and all making shooting there a nightmare. Just i thought the supergramps built was so good, the detail they went into and all, but then the mod max build was slightly less detailed, and had more "entertainment" as part of it and now this seemed to be heavy on the entertainment and almost scripted visits to the places to get stuff. I know i sound negative but i really enjoyed it just dont want to see it go down the top gear route of forget about being a car show.

I know what you mean. I think they've grown so much it's hard to please everyone. When they started it was easy to do the little things to help their small audience but now they help thousands.

I didn't really watch each Mod Max when each episode came out. Watched them all together. I wasn't interested in the build as it isn't something I could apply. I enjoyed the Nissan Vs Subaru battles as they improved their cars with easy mod to battle against each other.

As said, they have soo much fans, that they cannot please everyone. I believe that with Mini, they will be going in-depth how-to's but in the meantime sometime, they will have spin-off just as this one is.

I love the bug. It isnt really original idea, I have seen it multipletimes, but its great, and when I seen them building full engine, I was about to change my pants...

Back