B4 possible previous remap

Neelie

so, no one knows whether or not my B4 twin is remapped or not, all i know is its still limited to 180kmh (tested in a safe environment with no kittens present) if a car has previously been mapped would the limiter still remain? is there a way to check for remap without actually visiting a mapper? its boosting .7 primary and 1 on secondary if the gauge is accurate... any hints?

Boost is factory.

Speed limiter is there.

No one who bought or sold has mapped info. As would be first thing in a for sale ad.

prob safe to say it isnt.

If yours is a rev d. Fully standard. No mods. Induction. Decat. Dump valves etc.

And ran on E5 will be fine. Rev D ran a 8.1:1 compression engine on a new age Denso ECU.

Was Rev A-C ran high compression 9.0:1 and on a JECS Ecu. Way way more prone to det.

yeah didn't think so! came with a huge folder of papers but no dyno sheet or mapping receipt etc. it is pretty much stock apart from a cat back HKS exhaust and some cute bolt on bits and pieces but nothing performance wise. I run it on good fuel usually applegreen or topaz and millers octane booster with no issues. yes its a rev-d (2001 e-tune wagon)

Hi there, I think i'm faced with the same issue, Mine is a 2002 B4, thing is though its a Jap import and i was only made aware of a limiter when reaching 140 the car just stopped responding at all for a split second it gave me such a fright i i took my foot of the accelerator once speed dropped below its was fine again. my immediate thought was that the speed limiter is still activated, I also need to find out about mapping the legacy for Irish fuel too, use Maxol or Applegreen can any one shed some light on what a map would cost locally and if there is any one in or around Dublin that can do it ?

Limiter doesn't have to be removed for a remap so not a huge indicator whether it's mapped or not imo.

Have seen the speed pulse to ecu reading higher then it should

Example doing 100km ecu reading speed as 160km.

So speed limit of 180km will kick in earlier then should.

Have seen the speed pulse to ecu reading higher then it should

Example doing 100km ecu reading speed as 160km.

So speed limit of 180km will kick in earlier then should.

Can this be resolved with a remap? and if not how will octane booster help the situation, or rather can it, I guess my question with this really is which is advised a remap or just using octane booster?

If that is indeed whats happening re speed limiter can get unit to slow pulse down. Likes of HKS SLD.

But obviously you want to confirm all this first.

Back