##can anyone look at a subaru wrx for me in dublin##

nitzno1

Sunday Drivers
Hello everyone im new here and im new to subaru world
Im lookin to buy a subaru and im wonderin if anyone in dublin would look at one for me as i am in scotland and aint home for 3 weeks a wrx has poped up i like but id like someone that knows about them look at one for me im willin to pay thanks alot can u pm me?

Hello and welcome along :thumbsup: I.m sure someone will look it over for you . Stick up a link to it if you can someone might know it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Be nice if someone could look at this for me someone knows wat they lookin at before i purchase thanks

Welcome along :thumbsup:
think that requires vrt bye the way incase you dint already know

Yea i no its english reg lad but i live up close to the north i can possible get north address it just be nice to buy knowin someone looked at it knowin wat they lookin at lol????

RSR Automotive,Trader on here / Dave
may offer inspections im not sure
Be worth asking
I would assume if he does car would have to be brought there obviously
Hope that helps you :thumbsup:

RSR Automotive,Trader on here / Dave
may offer inspections im not sure
Be worth asking
I would assume if he does car would have to be brought there obviously
Hope that helps you :thumbsup:

Thanks
im not sure if this car is insured still so im not.sure if it can be brought very far
If someone would go look at this id be willin pay them if anyone in dublin knows there subarus or know wat to look for

If that's been in the country for a while and not been vrt'd... If you do end up vrt'n it you are going to get a lot of hardship, and possible have to pay the fine owed on the car.. Keep that in mind..
I wouldn't personally go for a gas conversion, if I wanted economy I wouldn't be buying a Scooby but every one to their own.

If that's been in the country for a while and not been vrt'd... If you do end up vrt'n it you are going to get a lot of hardship, and possible have to pay the fine owed on the car.. Keep that in mind..
I wouldn't personally go for a gas conversion, if I wanted economy I wouldn't be buying a Scooby but every one to their own.

Yea i know wat u mean...he said this system is installed only wen economy is needed do im asummin there is some kinda switch over?

All LPG systems have a switch so you can choose which fuel you want to use.

Bare in mind LPG system uses it's own ECU so whatever ECU an map is listed there I would expect relates only to the petrol setup (which is a cool solution - economic LPG map and a custom petrol map).

Best of luck with getting someone to check the car for you and hopefully getting it :)

All LPG systems have a switch so you can choose which fuel you want to use.

Bare in mind LPG system uses it's own ECU so whatever ECU an map is listed there I would expect relates only to the petrol setup (which is a cool solution - economic LPG map and a custom petrol map).

Best of luck with getting someone to check the car for you and hopefully getting it :)
Thanks lad yea im really interested in the car im just hopein.someone on here might help me out to look.at it for me since im new to.subarus and the time has come to get one so hopefully someone will take a look for me..if u no anyone would let me no thanks

You could try the traders section
Or maybe the aa
If you look on done deal I'm sure there are mechanics that offer this sort of service

Hi.

Received email this morning.

The problem you have with looking at a subaru is that you can tell very little.

Yes of course can go through the same as any other car. (thats on the ground).

-Body damage/Crash repair.
-Strange noises
-leaks etc.

But you "cannot"

-drain oil looking for bearing particles.
-Pull plugs out do leak down/compression test
-drain diff and gearbox see if magetic bung has pickedetal up
-pull alternator off and attatch oil pressure gauge
-remove timing belt covers check condition and if ever has been changed.
-99% of time no ramp access
-run live diagnostic reading all voltages from sensors are within scale

This is all essential of making an overall view if its a good Subaru. And as no owner/seller is going to let you drain oils and pull plugs etc its something you will normally find out after purchase.

So imo no car park checks can tell you what you need to know. More then usual basic checks. And cross ref that with personal judgement. Mileage. Previous owners. Common Sense Etc etc etc.

Dave

Last edited:
Back