Subaru Ireland at Ploughing Championships

Sheriff

Octane Boostaholics
The BRZ shots weren't particularly great as the car was being swarmed with people. Asked the guys for a brochure on it and I met the dealer I took my car in for a full service a couple months back. Small world as he recognised my face straight away. Lots of attention being payed to the GT86. The BRZ was locked but the 86 wasn't.

UHGWEPe.jpg

AQeWfHl.jpg

vt35Sh5.jpg

VpQEFUA.jpg

jtxpzhk.jpg

We're they giving out any freebies. Told the brother have a look. Haven't heard from him yet.

Didn't give me anything execpt the brochure and I had a good 10 minute chat with them.

Last edited:
Apart from the BZR, there is nothing they have on show that would get you Horny... Unless it's a jeep to pull your horse box around that is ;)

Nah not much else. Subaru are best known for their rally heritage but without the WRX and STI on show, it's just the regular car display. Fecking 2000 for tax!

commercial forester
wonder how that will sell
you could ask about a sti forester been commercial from first registartion

If I was in the market for a jeep or commercial jeep In the morning Subaru wouldn't even enter my head unfortunently

not sure they hit their target audiences at that particular event tbh.... ppl there want landcruisers for the cattle boxes. and the hip ppl of cities that want a sort-of-SUV for their 2.2234 kids wouldn't have been attending the ploughing I don't think lol. had a snoop around the BZR in neary new and was disappointed tbh. paint work is was VERY bad and thin, interior a little boring and the entire car didn't bring across a lot of "soul"...

not sure they hit their target audiences at that particular event tbh.... ppl there want landcruisers for the cattle boxes. and the hip ppl of cities that want a sort-of-SUV for their 2.2234 kids wouldn't have been attending the ploughing I don't think lol. had a snoop around the BZR in neary new and was disappointed tbh. paint work is was VERY bad and thin, interior a little boring and the entire car didn't bring across a lot of "soul"...

Subaru is an independent company. It's not like Mini where BMW makes the cars, so they are still a lesser known brand here. I did think the black wasn't great, it didn't show the car off. The one I seen in blue was amazing. As for the interior, it's your standard interior with little fuss. I kinda like that you just have a say nav that can play radio and your own audio and simple clutter free controls but each to their own.

Don't toyota have a share in subarus ownership .

Which might explain the rav4 and forester both falling out of the same ugly tree and hitting every branch on the way down .

No such thing as an independent car manufacturer anymore . All intermingled

I don't think so
think they just did a joint venture
Subaru is the only or one of the only independent automobile makers
I may he wrong but think I read that before

About 10 years ago gm sold their shares in subaru and AFAIK toyota bought what gm sold off .

Hence the development of the brz gt86 as a joint venture

There you go:
...''Toyota also owns 51% of Daihatsu, and 16.7% of Fuji Heavy Industries''...

Was chatting guy who owns Rally School Ireland at the ploughing yesterday and he is after getting a BRZ for use in the rally school. Would be great craic id say!
Also getting a KTM crossbow!

Back