Big share price drop for vw

Transporters came with more than one major problem .gearbox is known to be problematic . Drive shafts shear turbos pop .

I'd buy a transit if it were my money

Every transit I see has rust on the front arch is there a problem with rust on them all newish yokes as well ??

To be fair it depends on what version of rally van driver is behind the wheel!
Also weight be carried in rally van driver mode and does it ever get a proper service!

Huge factors in that van not going bang.

Well my vans have all be driven and loaded to the same extent bbut you couldn't look at the 09 and and something broke or fell off . 2 vans I've been the only driver and 2 I was the second driver . Transits take way more hardship with us . Only thing the transporter is better for is the low floor level for loading

Well my vans have all be driven and loaded to the same extent bbut you couldn't look at the 09 and and something broke or fell off . 2 vans I've been the only driver and 2 I was the second driver . Transits take way more hardship with us . Only thing the transporter is better for is the low floor level for loading

Must have been a Friday van because you drive like a girl.... So it can't be you that damaged it :)

A few members on here I know of had transporters and they all give grief
is there any van these days that is reliable?
im sure Tommy has minded his vans very well over the years
so if he's getting grief you can be sure it's not being abused
as he takes pride in em

Exactly so volkswagon are piss poor over rated piles of dung :icon_nana:

Go work for a proper manufacturer will ya :icon_grin:

No it's too much fun winding you all up on here.
Did you see the sales figures last week.... VW still top, good piles of dung and sell like hot cakes!

In fairness colm
Tommy vans have all been company vans and are worked hard and have been overloaded most days. Would be different if Tommy owned it for sure!

On the other hand nick had awful trouble with his one and he was a painter so cant see the van Been ever over loaded and would have been serviced regularly.

I had one from new and never gave trouble, imo the problem ones were like everything else, the high powered 6 speed ones that just wasn't built for 150 bhp and to pull heavy loads.

My one was a 110 bhp 5 speed and the only thing I had to do on it were the wish bone bushes which are a weak spot and a electric window switch in nearly 200 thousand kms.

Well loaded all right johnny but I wouldn't dog em . And always had main vw servicing . 2 were good good van One a pain in the arse and the new one is gutless compared to the 2.5 5 cylinder.

Had plenty of our own vans and pick up trucks before having company vans and would not say I treat the company vehicles any different to any we owned .

Last edited:
I had a 08 2.5 from new that done 350000 gave a bit of trouble but not huge Either for the milage. Oil cooler housing split , turbo seals went and rear wheel bearing is all and it was a 2.5 140 bhp but the second 08 van we had was never out of the garage Same spec 3 clutches 2 front drives broken engine manifold And injectors had only 160000 on the clock so it's hut and miss. Really with any van.

No it's too much fun winding you all up on here.
Did you see the sales figures last week.... VW still top, good piles of dung and sell like hot cakes!

Sure I knew you were at that lol .

Ah there good yokes the vw's but I do reckon the older 90's and 00's models were built better .ie the 04 and 08 transporters I drove .

Yeah thats a fair point Johnny :thumbsup:

In fairness colm
Tommy vans have all been company vans and are worked hard and have been overloaded most days. Would be different if Tommy owned it for sure!

On the other hand nick had awful trouble with his one and he was a painter so cant see the van Been ever over loaded and would have been serviced regularly.

I had one from new and never gave trouble, imo the problem ones were like everything else, the high powered 6 speed ones that just wasn't built for 150 bhp and to pull heavy loads.

My one was a 110 bhp 5 speed and the only thing I had to do on it were the wish bone bushes which are a weak spot and a electric window switch in nearly 200 thousand kms.

Back