@ciaran
no software in the world could do that :icon_grin:

seat should be there as well - same family

Attachments

• 12049694_1619606721624057_3230289728102282608_n.jpg
    12049694_1619606721624057_3230289728102282608_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 78
Please explain

Engine ecu vw use knew when was been tested knew it was been tested and went into "tree hugger mode"

I'd expect nothing less all part of the Vag...

Thought this was very good
b56bf5b5be785929559e4c9252b56569.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A lot more to come out over the next week . There all at it , a lot of manafactures very quite at the moment :icon_grin:

we should be quiet too
as who knows the hungry government may
come up with idea of emission test check points or something

No worries for us
no diesel and cars to old
Wouldl be a 2008 on thing that will only effect newer cars on emissions based tax
but the Irish Government would never undertake such a thing anyway
couldnt see it happening
theres an election coming :icon_grin:

Audi, Skoda and Seat definitely involved at a minimum. VW manipulated the software provided by bosch so their hands are clean.

Just charge all diesel vags affected on old CC rate of tax.

Ya can't do that people bought them for the low tax it's up to vw to sort it .........but can it be sorted is the question

So does every vw need mapping or simular to remove the cheat software ? If so would the most likely result be a detuned car to still fall into the emissions band previously set by the cheat software .

This will get very messy I'd bet .

Ya can't do that people bought them for the low tax it's up to vw to sort it .........but can it be sorted is the question
So VW reimburses the owner the difference over the life of the vehicle.

It's their cock up and they're now at the mercy of the government's tbh.
So does every vw need mapping or simular to remove the cheat software ? If so would the most likely result be a detuned car to still fall into the emissions band previously set by the cheat software .

Just all the bluemotion Vw cars :icon_grin:

The weird thing is, they can and do get 46-56mpg so a detune may make them more economical?

It will be a software update to the ecu.done every day in main dealers to different control units, customers sometimes don't even know they are done.
2.0L/1.6L/1.2L are affected from what I hear.

Think it will use more fuel but that's it after the fix.
It's great,keeps us busy and handy to do.

Back