Big share price drop for vw

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
http://m.rte.ie/news/business/2015/0921/729233-volkswagen-diesel-cars/

The Internet reacts quickly

cf4e3d05a510d675d9d6bda9ca62abef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reminds me of all those Passats and Boras that go 'boooo' after every gear change mapped to run coal here in Ireland. They did it to themselves, their image ruined. :clap:

Reminds me of all those Passats and Boras that go 'boooo' after every gear change mapped to run coal here in Ireland. They did it to themselves, their image ruined. :clap:

100% true haha. I laugh every time I see one of those ridiculous boo-wagons...
(and then I think of the environment and cute kittens...)

It's a crazy situation they are in I'd say the phones are hopping off the walls in vw garages
I don't think they are the only ones that were at it time will tell

Wait and see ...Turns out the flat 4 boxer turbo is the cleanest car on the road ????????????

Having great crack with the old lad here he just bought a Td Golf ????

No phones hopping in my place about it.
Cars still flying out the door still.

I'd say it will take a bit more than a few dodgy emissions to stop them :)

In fairness vw have a huge following and this, while inconvenient is not going to effect that I'd say plenty more are at it I would challenge anyone to stand behind any diesel while it's idling!!! You would be physically sick in 5 minutes

wagon dec

I would challenge anyone to stand behind any diesel while it's idling!!!
You would be physically sick in 5 minutes

fact. diesels are appalling. the stink and fumes from any diesel would kill you.
imo the concept of diesel is totally medieval..

Petrol is the way forward, ford reckon so anyway with the ecoboost and other manufacturers are also switching to small turbo common rail petrol engines as it's easier to achieve lower nox emissions which is coming into testing soon. Up until now co2 was all they were worried about but it turns out nox is far more dangerous than co2

wagon dec

Must be all emails as there complaints department website says it's experiencing a high volume of complaints and are trying to work through them lol

Being a Vw sales man would be intresting now know of 2 people (family friends) that had major words with there dealer that they have deals done on for Jan 2016.

Since the dawn of time Vw have traded off there quality and engineering excellence this is a major problem for them now wouldn't be surprised at all if the head of vw gets the chop.

Say other manfactures are at it too but vw were caught

Unfortunately the emperor has no clothes.

As Dec says one has just rolled

Volkswagen has announced the resignation of its chief executive, Martin Winterkorn, and said the fallout from the diesel emissions test scandal would result in further executive scalps and a likely criminal investigation in Germany.

It won't stop anyone from buying a vw if there were going to or wanted 1 maybe if ther were on the fence But will be business as usuall I.d say .

I bet bmw and Mercedes and shitting them selves as there all at it :icon_grin:

Them photos above are hilarious :roll:

Petrol is the way forward is right
modern diesels from what I can tell are troublesome
People who live in urban areas with short commutes are only doubling there maintenance costs buying diesels
But there everywhere
tax vrt emissions has just consumed people when it comes to car choices
I understand why as it's all about cost
but it has ruined the car selection we have
very few really cool cars registered in Ireland in the last few years
It's Sad :icon_cry:

I'd love to be in a position to buy a new vw diesel it wouldn't bother me in the least
Squeak bum time for bmw Audi and a few others lol

Back