Dash Cam

Swallow your sd card if in doubt. :54:

Although if you've just killed someone I'd imagine you could be done for withholding evidence.

U sure any Skangers that I see getting arested there phone is confacated and Garda go through it...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

U sure any Skangers that I see getting arested there phone is confacated and Garda go through it...

That would be criminal
not road traffic offence
so not under road traffics act
Its not in the road traffics act so Defoe can't be used
Big difference in road traffic offence
and criminal case
If they change the law then they could
but not at present
same as your go pro you drive with
they both would be fine

so, if I understand it correctly, clearly hypothetically, if I am doing 120 in 60 zone and upload it on youtube. Unless they caught me doing it, they cannot start investigation of it as criminal act based solely on that footage?

Wouldn't try that speedy

Ur baiscly incriminating yourself

They don't have powers to take the camera without a warrant
I'd say putting the video in to public domain is different matter

Colm: Well, from what you said earlier on, I understood that breaking rules of road is not a criminal act. As such it should not be triggering any investigation, unless criminal act is done, such as damaging someone's property or hurting somebody(i.e. hit and run)

not that I would be trying that:D and deffo not that I would be driving 120 in 60 zone:D driving 200 in 120 zone doesnt count!

Colm: Well, from what you said earlier on, I understood that breaking rules of road is not a criminal act. As such it should not be triggering any investigation, unless criminal act is done, such as damaging someone's property or hurting somebody(i.e. hit and run)

not that I would be trying that:D and deffo not that I would be driving 120 in 60 zone:D driving 200 in 120 zone doesnt count!
If posted in a public domain

It can and will be used against you.

Loads of cases UK and US etc where people arrested from posting up.

Unless showing speedo and speed signs simultaneously and incriminating yourself clearly on public road you'd never hear anything with regard speeding offence.

Careless/dangerous/without due care and attention is up in the air tbh but yes, it can be used against you.

Its very simple really. If you upload it to you-tube etc and it shows an offence then theoretically it can be used against you.... This has been done many times in the past. And im sure it will get more popular as the use of dash cams increase.

If your involved in an accident or reported for dangerous driving etc then they can seize it, but only with a warrant, or your permission to take it.

Then, if it captures a criminal offence, depending on the offence and the powers granted under the offence it may be taken, in some cases, without a warrant.

Common sense, if your involved in something, accident, dodgy overtake etc.... Once your conscious.... Pull it down! It was never there! End of!

Can also be seized (without warrent) as may contain information that may be used in relation to an investigation.

No length of time items can be held for and could accidentally get wiped depending what's on them

Can also be seized (without warrent) as may contain information that may be used in relation to an investigation.

No length of time items can be held for and could accidentally get wiped depending what's on them
Exactly if they think it can be used against you and there inclined they will do just that

What about if you have dash cam footage of another road user doing something completely stupid, will they or could they use that? Or is there an element of proof required, I.e that is is your car and not someone with a copied reg plate etc?

Just out of interest as you see a lot of people posting videos up of people doing ridiculous stuff, not necessarily speeding, more breaking red lights, sitting in yellow boxes, etc?

I know there has been a few posts recently about dash cams. I eventually took a chance and bought one and said I would post a video from it and a link to the one I bought in case anyone was interested. I actually bought two of them cos it was so cheap!

So, this is a link to a short video from the cam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPCAKsBcKU8&feature=youtu.be

I am more than happy with it. It feels light, not great build quality but it works, and works well. For how long, who knows....

This is the cam I bought - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Dash-Cam-G-s...ecorder-New-/311411542568?hash=item4881930a28

It was so cheap I couldn't resist buying two....

That particular dash cam, if you stick a 32gb card in it does it re-write itself in a recording loop?
So you don't have to take the card out and wipe it when it's full, it never gets full cause it's recording over the last loop.
Is that the way it works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back