V4 STI Coupe- Help needed with New Wheels

garry2682

Sunday Drivers
Hi Lads,

Im going putting a new set of wheels on my car. Its a completely standard car but I want to make this slight change to improve the looks. Im going for new Revolution Millenniums. Not sure should I go for 17 or 18's. It would be great if lads could stick up a few pic's if they're running them. The car won't be used often so im not worried about comfort hence why I veering towards 18's.

What's the best size tyres to run on them in both sizes and will et48 be the right offset. One thing I can't tolerate is rear arches rubbing.

Any advice/pics appreciated.

Garry

17 for a classic man

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If it's the look your after I'd go 18 but 17 is the best for them 18s just fill the arches perfect

Contemplating 18s at the minute myself, love the look but I'm worried about the skimpy rubber and feel

Stock on a classic are 16, correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be cautious going for 18's. Think about the roads where you live and where you'll be driving. The 17's will still look great. Each to their own.

18s all the way

Run a 215,35/18 tyre on no more than a 7.5 inch wide rim,

18s for me too
looks great
not that uncomfortable at all
think only the 225 rub (when cornering hard)
215 Is grand

well gary, as requested a pic of my v4 type r with 18" gold rev's on it with 215/35/18 rubber so you can see what they look like- mine is lowered on coilovers but not lowered by much- im selling these and going 17" myself - hope it helps

Attachments

• subaru-impreza-sti-S1549044-2.jpg
    subaru-impreza-sti-S1549044-2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 73
just to clarify these wheels are sold incase you thought they are for sale, thanks

well gary, as requested a pic of my v4 type r with 18" gold rev's on it with 215/35/18 rubber so you can see what they look like- mine is lowered on coilovers but not lowered by much- im selling these and going 17" myself - hope it helps
One cool car

why going for 17s ..

any classic I drove on 18 I always felt to harsh on bad roads

One cool car

why going for 17s ..

any classic I drove on 18 I always felt to harsh on bad roads

To be honest I think the 18" are just a bit big looking for the car, I intend to do a lot of trackdays in it so since mine is lowered I think 17 " is the best set up for me

Had 17" alloys with 215/45/17 on my classic v3.
Looked just right and great handling and comfort.
RHSsmudge.jpg

Attachments

• RHSsmudge.jpg
    RHSsmudge.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 85
I had 18's on my P1 with the 53ET and they were perfect. Fitted PFF7'S in 18's then and they rubbed the arches so I cant tolerate that happening again so the tyre size and off set have to be right.

Im going to go with 18's. Ill probably only ever do 1000km's a year so comfort isn't going to be an issue.

So am in right in saying below to insure no rubbing on the rear aches?

7.5"x18"
ET 48
Tyre size:215/35/18

Cheers for the Pics Pedro555. Sweet looking motor. I did get excited when I saw the 1st post and thought there was a chance to get a set 2nd hand. 2nd post was a bit of a kick in the nuts then lol.

Back