Trouble in Paradise

Sheriff

Octane Boostaholics
Sickened isnt isn't the word. They are digging the road for water pipes in my village. Hit a hole were they last dug. Had nowhere to go because of oncoming traffic. This was at low speed in second gear. Bumper clip busted and engine guard cracked. Spare Hawk bumper anyone?

OleuQls.jpg

5zXU5UR.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think they're in the wrong? If you do, go back and photograph where it happened.

I'm not sure. I always go through the village in 3rd at a cruise. Might photograph it. I've already gone to a well known bodywork shop about it. They'll get back to me Monday with a price.

I'm getting the work done at Frank Byrnes Autobody Repairs. He rallies and owns a Subaru so he is familiar with them. I'll have to come to C&C like this as it won't be going in for work until Monday.

Thanks Colm, worth my while making a claim. I'll go out and take some pics when it stops raining.

You need to go back to where it happened.

Put the car in the hole it happened in.
Take pics of car in pot hole and get the "people that were in your car".....

To be witnesses and confirm same!

My dad had a similar problem before and got a solicitor, pics and "his witnesses in car"
Sent into CC and after a few months he was paid his dues.

Last edited:
You need to go back to where it happened.

Put the car in the hole it happened in.
Take pics of car in pot hole and get the "people that were in your car".....

To be witnesses and confirm same!

My dad had a similar problem before and got a solicitor, pics and "his witnesses in car"
Sent into CC and after a few months he was paid his dues.

Wow, had no witnesses. 6AM going to work alone. Worth a shot with the pictures anyway.

I thought you said it was the afternoon with your friends at a weekend...
Those early shifts have you tired.. Probably forgot with those early morning shifts you have done...

You should get those pics with the time and date on them.... On a Saturday...
When it happened with your friends in the car.

You need a holiday from work soon you seem tired and forgetful....

"Sickened isnt isn't the word. They are digging the road for water pipes in my village. Hit a hole were they last dug. Had nowhere to go because of oncoming traffic. This was at low speed in second gear. Bumper clip busted and engine guard cracked. Spare Hawk bumper anyone?"

No friends inside car, not a weekend as it was at 6AM this morning. I'm not trying to be nasty. Thanks for your advice.

:facepalm:

Read between the lines lad .

Never any harm to reenact the event for the sake of recording evidence to help your case

Definitely make a claim... I broke an 18" rim in bits in a monster of a pot hole a few years back, and I was really pissed off about it... Brand new Goodyear F1 tyre gone, and the rim..
Went into the Roads manager, with photos, and bill... He said no that he wasn't responsible.... Went to small claims court and it cost me I think €30, they done all the work and I was fully refunded, think I got €350-€400

We pay enough for road tax to have decent roads, if it wasn't pumped into Irish water that hole might not have been there... Claim your money back man.

So this is the place I first went to.

C6Ee81k.jpg

Second place was recommended by Phil. He said if I can source parts from a dealer it'll be around 80 for labour. Quite the difference indeed.

I think it may be a case of Estimates are not accepted, it needs to be a receipt for the work done.. I know I handed in receipts.

Back