Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree graham in a world where money was no object I'd have one as part of my many car collection,but it's far from an ideal world so it would probably be the last thing I'd buy,a nice spec c s203 or s204 would be a much better option

If I am not mistaken, speed wasnt what made 22b so wanted, it was its 30:70 power distribution, making it extremelly fun car to drive... and road legal wrc spec;)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not being a smart Cnut!
But I doubt it was that...

Pretty sure it was the fact it was the only "WRC" 2 door replica for the road....
No other Subaru, today has had such a presence on the road that can be compared to a proper "WRC" car???
Body wise..

No bug,blob & hawk factory car for the punter to buy from any dealer........with arches like a "WRC" car..?

I will stand corrected though!

I'd agree graham in a world where money was no object I'd have one as part of my many car collection,but it's far from an ideal world so it would probably be the last thing I'd buy,a nice spec c s203 or s204 would be a much better option

Totally agree Gordon.
My point being, forget what you grew up/saw..... over the last 20 years (if you are over 35 :) )

There is a world of factory standard cars out there for far less money that would chew old cars up and spit them out with an average driver!

Still love both mentioned above but there is better tool in the box for 24/7 use in all conditions... Far less money too..

I absolutly agree. It makes an impression l saw what happen on the CMR run, it was like a holy grail and all that. But then you hear that this is the 1st time in 4 years that the owner is taking her out of the garage and you start wondering, where is the purpose in this to have a car and not to drive her?

Not going balls deep on this...

But my view is a car was made to be driven! Not an ornament/statue..

If it's the super model or ugly sister of any make/model..........

It was designed to drive.. So drive it!!

I get rare exotic cars that command high prices... Cars that broke the mold...... But the above really didn't.

An example would be.. You can't buy any Ferarri... Then make it an F40..

Maybe I'm gone off on one.. But you can buy a 2 door type R Impreza and with money and done right it's a 22B...

And I bet cheaper than above and faster too...

I remember only few years ago they were making around 20-30k sterling in UK, I wonder what happen. Are they in an age to be available now to be imported to US? this would bring the price up dramatically

Not going balls deep on this...

But my view is a car was made to be driven! Not an ornament/statue..

If it's the super model or ugly sister of any make/model..........

It was designed to drive.. So drive it!!

I get rare exotic cars that command high prices... Cars that broke the mold...... But the above really didn't.

An example would be.. You can't buy any Ferarri... Then make it an F40..

Maybe I'm gone off on one.. But you can buy a 2 door type R Impreza and with money and done right it's a 22B...

And I bet cheaper than above and faster too...

Your gone off on one alittle bit graham. Lol

You have to remember what these cars are and why they were made, only 444 cars in the world, the 2.2 engine, one off dash, wheels, interior and wide body etc. We all know the spec.

You won't make a replica that easy that won't cost a small fortune either.

Yes there's better and faster cars out there for the money but some people (not me) don't buy the cars to drive or bring to the track.

In fairness to the car above there's plenty of miles on it so it has been driven but it all comes back to supply and demand imo.

I get why someone would want one and if you have that sort of money to spend on a car you have money either way.

It's definitely the best looking impreza ever made imo.

For me it's the best impreza ever made not just the best looking:icon_pray:
Now for anyone with the next cars mentioned don't get yere knickers in a twist but if you parked a blob sti next to an S203 or a hawk sti next to an S204 your normal Joe soap who nows **** all about scoobies would say that they have a different spoiler or wheels and that there the same car...
BUT if you put a 22B in between a sh*t load of classics or newages he'll know that he's looking at something special and probably wishes he could have one and why oh why did he get Married and have kids....

On a side note my Facebook memory thing popped up today, I'd just sold a bmw I had and had up what to get next....one of my buddies said there's a nice 99 sti type r for sale in mayo for 3500! Jesus how stupid was I not to buy it haha!!! Granted it was 2011 and the apprentice wage wasn't exactly mind blowing!!

For me it's the best impreza ever made not just the best looking:icon_pray:
Now for anyone with the next cars mentioned don't get yere knickers in a twist but if you parked a blob sti next to an S203 or a hawk sti next to an S204 your normal Joe soap who nows **** all about scoobies would say that they have a different spoiler or wheels and that there the same car...
BUT if you put a 22B in between a sh*t load of classics or newages he'll know that he's looking at something special and probably wishes he could have one and why oh why did he get Married and have kids....

So moral of the story is, don't get a wife and kids? Subaru is life. /Thread

Johnny your totally right

22B Stands alone for that Special factor 100%.

Good post.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My view is that there way over priced at The moment at 80k . But it's supply and demand I guess and if lads are willing to pay it and think there worth it then fair play to them :thumbsup:

On a side note i see a p1 for sale in Laois for 22000. I guess If you don't ask you don't get but I can't see anyone paying that kind of money. If clean type r are between 10/15 k .

get what your saying Johnny :thumbsup: but stick as set of front and rear Kevlar or steel quarters and wings on a type r and most Joe soaps wouldn't know the difference either , .

If I had that kind of spare cash I'd buy one aswell it's never going to be about speed or power it's about the looks and what it means to the person standing in front of it :thumbsup:

Seen that too on dd to, 22k and mine has 20k less miles and better spec and I not got any interest

So she's off to England as part ex for mk2 focus RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back