Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
32995????

Hi, I thought you might be interested in this advert http://www.carzone.ie/search/Subaru/Impreza/WRX-STI-/200814588450561820/advert?channel=CARS on Carzone.ie

Are they iron on Rb320 patches on Sti seats?

0821cf262ee620373acb76309d100635.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

To be fair the fella that had it new would have kept her serviced . Service book isn't the holy bible it's made out to be . Very easy to create a full service history .

Not a pampered car but sure not many are .

To be fair the fella that had it new would have kept her serviced . Service book isn't the holy bible it's made out to be . Very easy to create a full service history .

Not a pampered car but sure not many are .
Same as that no service history a big no no.????????

I only buy cars where I can verify the service history, mostly been UK cars. But if the book is stamped or receipt available you can just call the garage to verify. I've never had a problem doing this.

That high priced rb is mad. There's a fair few for sale in the UK at the moment, really clean looking ones too but I'd say would work out more expensive than the c and r one.

Last edited:
32K is crazy not a fan of the chrome mesh on the front.
Nice little white rabbit would look well behind it lol
Black zun sports ones would look way better imo
Was that orange oval badge standard on them not a fan of it.

The rest bar the price is perfect

Last edited:
IMO: If the car is straight, not crashed etc... and engine and the rest is good then the C&R car is on the money.
Yes the C&R RB320 doesn't have the desirable interior (which I would agree SHOULD be in there as part of the whole RB320 experience)... and yes there is limited history with the car with a few ??? over it... but... it is a RB320. So, in years to come, it will hold its value better. Normal STI Hawks are already getting more scarce now and I'm sure in only a few short years will be very hard to get a low mileage clean one... An RB320 is even more rare with great heritage (although limited extra toys and spec over the normal STI).

The big dip in value we saw with all the other Scooby models (for quite a few years per model), with the inevitable serious increase in price for clean ones over time... I don't think we will see this as pronounced with the Hawk at this point. The dip was 3-4 years ago, but now prices are seriously increasing and clean cars (and special models even if slightly less clean) will probably lose little over time. Hawks, especially 2007/2008 before the mental tax came in, with full history and low miles... are making very good money as they are just not around and the only late STI you can afford to keep around due to the mental roadtax on the mid 2008 onward cars).

Even in the UK they are making strong money (same or more than 3 years ago for same year car). Take into account the Sterling rate and VRT and looking at a lot more than the car at C&R is (which I am sure you can haggle a little on too).

Of course I am biased because I happen to own a 2007 Hawk STI :icon_lol: ... but for a different reason than you might think. I toyed with selling mine when I lost my job and have been keeping a very good eye on prices for the past 2 two years. I could not sell mine and replace it for anything near what I could get for it (not a 1 owner, clean, full history, right mods, etc car). Worked out that to replace my car with an equivalent level car tomorrow would be around the €22-23k mark and the best you'd get around here would be maybe €18k (best bid I had a year ago was 17k and the year before 12k when the market was soft). Hence, I have parked mine up until I have the funds to put her back on the road.

Short of talking Joe into a swap for his S204 (go on Joe You know you want to he he he)... I doubt I'm going to find an 2006/2007 Hawk STI that ticks more boxes for me to the point where I would want a different car over the one I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back