Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye boys are handy [emoji106] [emoji23] might go look for the sake of it but too dear for a wrx in my opinion

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-sti/15585932

Anybody have any info on this? Friend wants to view it?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I do not know the car but would advise to ask for the applied model number firstly which in conjunction with VIN would confirm / deny if this is STI. The rebuild, if supported by receipts, was done with proper parts but does not mention crank was replaced and in majority of bottom end failures crank also needs replacing. I would also question the mentioned remap, V4 STI ECU is not mappable and the add does not mention aftermarket ECU which would allow for a remap. V4 STI should boost @ 1.1 bar stock afaik.

Best of luck,
Lukas

Near sure it's originally a jdm wrx with standard v3 sti engine,unless he has receipts for engine work it's lies because previous owner got engine off me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know the car but would advise to ask for the applied model number firstly which in conjunction with VIN would confirm / deny if this is STI. The rebuild, if supported by receipts, was done with proper parts but does not mention crank was replaced and in majority of bottom end failures crank also needs replacing. I would also question the mentioned remap, V4 STI ECU is not mappable and the add does not mention aftermarket ECU which would allow for a remap. V4 STI should boost @ 1.1 bar stock afaik.

Best of luck,
Lukas

Was stock boost not 0.8-0.9 bar?

1.1 bar on stock jap STI ECU.

Edit: Noticed in advert it's boosting 1 bar. 0.9-1 bar is WRX. In jap land, on jap pedril it's said to be 0.7 bar on bone stock.

Last edited:
Is it 1.1 bar on classic sti?

I was way of so when my v4 sti was runing 0.5 bar with td05h :icon_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back