Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diff is different glass is lighter chassi is beefed up a bit gearbox oil cooler different suspension all the arms have spherical bearings there is more but I can't remember oh yes roof hatch

Had a wr1 before I got the spec c have to say I loved it 320 bop out so the box went like stink and never gave me a days bother and a very comfortable car to drive fast and everyday.
Had it for a good few years and loved it except I never took to the colour why they painted it that colour I'll never know ....anyway roll on 4 years a made the jump for the spec as it was just a weekend car I wanted something that reminded me on my first love .....my type r and I have to say it ticked all the boxs for me 4 doors as the kids love to come on spins. Raw as fook and with no sound proofing it's just sounds amazing on full chat down a back road it's on rails the diff in it just inspires you to poor the boot in going around corners.
Savage cars .......but and it's a big but if it's comfortable your after its not the car to buy a sti will probably do as much as a spec c with the comfort but hay I'm getting old and you only live once and I just love the rawness of it
Call over I'll bring you for a spin see what you think

Had a wr1 before I got the spec c have to say I loved it 320 bop out so the box went like stink and never gave me a days bother and a very comfortable car to drive fast and everyday.
Had it for a good few years and loved it except I never took to the colour why they painted it that colour I'll never know ....anyway roll on 4 years a made the jump for the spec as it was just a weekend car I wanted something that reminded me on my first love .....my type r and I have to say it ticked all the boxs for me 4 doors as the kids love to come on spins. Raw as fook and with no sound proofing it's just sounds amazing on full chat down a back road it's on rails the diff in it just inspires you to poor the boot in going around corners.
Savage cars .......but and it's a big but if it's comfortable your after its not the car to buy a sti will probably do as much as a spec c with the comfort but hay I'm getting old and you only live once and I just love the rawness of it
Call over I'll bring you for a spin see what you think

100% she looked mint the other day! What's the difference in the diff's in yours and mine? Mine seems to slide fairly nicely but I'd deffo like to play around with diffs to see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my own car out for a rip today even tho I declared it off the road! Couldn't help myself, quick blast and a wash and back in the garage then! Detango'n my lights this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spec C standard Specs:
Lightweight body panels
Lightweight smaller battery
Lightweight smaller fuel tank
Lightweight glass
Lightweight larger radiator & revised cooling system
Lightweight smaller Air-Con compressor
Adjustable Redline Rev Limiter
Spec C Revs increased to Redline @ 8,000rpm
Auto/manual adjustable Differential
Larger intercooler
Intercooler 12Ltr boot recessed water tank
Auto/manual intercooler water spray
Uprated pumps, fuel system & interjectors
Equal length manifold
Twin scroll ball bearing Turbo
Spec C Forged pistons & engine internals (2.0ltr EJ20 variant)
Front STi strut brace
Rear chassis boot brace
Air cooled oil cooler
Gearbox oil cooler
Spec C lightweight & strengthened suspension & geometry: Anti-roll bars, Links, Brace struts, Wishbones etc
Spec C uprated steering & gear ratio (quick rack)
Brembo braking system
Spec C front splitter
Spec C roof vent opener
Rear window diffuser spoiler
High winged rear spoiler (optional factory fitted at new)
Spec C ground effect under body rear diffuser
Spec C all Black Recaro Alcantara trim & carpets
Lightweight carpets
Spec C logo Overmats white bindings
Enkei Lightweight forged wheels, same in appearance but half the weight of standard STi wheels
Bridgestone RE070 semi slicks (road legal factory fitted new) original set from new & still good tread, had an easy & respectful life
Xenon Spec C de-chromed satin effect headlights
Spec C de-chromed rear lights with Uk fog light conversion
Factory tinted dark screens (rears only)
Power fold mirrors
Sony Cd/Radio (front speakers only)
No side skirts
No internal boot release (key operated only on Spec C's)
No passenger visor
No boot carpet
No underseal
No soundproofing
Please note: this Spec C is a V-Limited version, so has the few creature comforts of AC-Climate & electric windows

Robbed that off type ra owners
Some stuff is different on mine like I don't have air-con
Mine has electric windows in the front but keep fit ones in the back
And blue seats
An no folding mirrors the v Ltd car got them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back