Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never even sat in one...

... so is this a case of "don't meet your heroes"?

What was so bad lads (on paper it looks good right: 4wd, 280Bhp)?

I drove a Manta in work recently and loved the old school way of driving. I was never in a Calibra. Maybe an Ascona would be nice too.

Last edited:
I drove one Charles it was about 18 years ago lol the driving position was horrible as was the seating position which left you with a rotten view of the road

Never even sat in one...

... so is this a case of "don't meet your heroes"?

What was so bad lads (on paper it looks good right: 4wd, 280Bhp)?
Everything ....

280 bhp no way all rust buckets and everything u touch is terrible naff plastics and understeery mess

And one I drove was the dealer principles lots of money spent

Lotus Carlton now there's a car

77e96f3d1da71d13aa0e3b95bd023361.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mantas and Asconas are great... Record wasn't a bad car either... drove all of them... same 2.0L petrol block.

Drove a 2.3d Record too... 65hp 4pot 4spd lol... good on diesel though, but not too powerful... the petrols were more fun for sure.

Used to work for a guy with a 2.0 Record.
Was driving me home one night... He was Italian and liked to move her on... Doing about 100mph when Mr. Fox crossed the road... and took the exhaust with him on his way to the Pearly Gates... Instant mayhem of exhaustless car at 100mph and probably about 5500rpm. Woke the parents up when we rocked up anyway lol.

@ sheriff a manta would be totally different they're just awesome cars in every way slap a red top in it a quaife different and it would be a class car

Mantas and Asconas are great... Record wasn't a bad car either... drove all of them... same 2.0L petrol block.

Drove a 2.3d Record too... 65hp 4pot 4spd lol... good on diesel though, but not too powerful... the petrols were more fun for sure.

Used to work for a guy with a 2.0 Record.
Was driving me home one night... He was Italian and liked to move her on... Doing about 100mph when Mr. Fox crossed the road... and took the exhaust with him on his way to the Pearly Gates... Instant mayhem of exhaustless car at 100mph and probably about 5500rpm. Woke the parents up when we rocked up anyway lol.

Poor fox lol ????

I just drove the Manta for a little while, it's usually parked underground. Belongs to the dealership owner. Took it up for detail by valet, let it idle and back down again.

Everything ....

280 bhp no way all rust buckets and everything u touch is terrible naff plastics and understeery mess

And one I drove was the dealer principles lots of money spent

Lotus Carlton now there's a car

77e96f3d1da71d13aa0e3b95bd023361.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Now were talking, only ever saw 1 in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back