Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEWARE... NOTE:

The Millers octane booster really isn't very good at all. These bottles only raise 4 octane points if used on 20 liters - or with other words on a tank it will only raise the octane level by 1.3 RON. So to get the same RON increase as NF Street you would need 3 bottles = €30 ... ALSO, this stuff is NOT cat friendly... see their website http://millersoilsireland.ie/cvl-turbo-octane-booster/

To put this into context: NF street raises 4 RON per bottle for a full tank at only about 2 euro's more per bottle and NF Race increases 6 RON per tank for about 16-20 euro depending where you buy it. It doesn't harm your cat.

Good to know just thought it might get someone out of a hole
I remember using it in the type r and got a good few lights in the knock link but with the nf nothing.

Are yez still throwing the booster in even though the cars are mapped for Irish fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel is getting worse and worse so no harm putting a small bit in just for that extra protection.
Best thing I ever did was the KS3 it's a savage bit of kit

Fuel is getting worse and worse so no harm putting a small bit in just for that extra protection.
Best thing I ever did was the KS3 it's a savage bit of kit

Sounds like Russia :icon_grin:
Are there specific petrol stations famous for good/bad quality fuel?/ Sorry for offtopic.

Yea had the old one on the type r but it didn't hold the value of the knock and I always found myself thinking was that a flash or not this one beeps flashing lights and gives the level of knock
A lot of the dyno lads use them when mapping you can plug your set cans into the KS4 and your PC and see exactly where the knock is happening.
The old knock link was good but this has moved on in tec wize

Nice bit of kit remember Ciaran was selling em missed out on last one

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Octane booster leaves a red residue on your sparks / turbo outlets.. I dont know if I would continue to use it long term.. i used NF for 2 months prior to remap and this was the result, spark plugs were redish aswsell

Attachments

• IMG_1567.JPG
    IMG_1567.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back