Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
VRT on the S203 is near €8k+ so your realistically looking at a €30k car

Good luck appealing the VRT aswell as AFAIK their is only one other S204 in Ireland and he aint selling it anytime soon ha

This vrt crack seems to be going mental of late.
Know a guy who was quoted 8k on an evo6.

Special edition impreza’s will be going up in value here at those rates.

I believe there is more than one in Ireland :54:

Thing is they have to be advertised for sale so a dodgy sale listing for them would be needed with low price... even if their was 2 or 3 in the republic I still dont thing revenue would even listen to you..

Ive heard of lads needing 6/7/8+ adds for revenue to consider re evaluating the vrt.

Fella I know of just imported a R32 GTR and got stung for €9k VRT.. he paid it and is now trying to appeal it but struggling to get enough adds for revenue

So like, what's the actual system for calculating vrt? Is it a percentage of value or just a random sum?

So like, what's the actual system for calculating vrt? Is it a percentage of value or just a random sum?

Think it's 31% or 33% of Open Market Selling Price. So, higher value = higher VRT.

Technically it shouldn't be based off adverts. What a car is advertised for doesn't mean it sold for that. You should be allowed to present copies of "receipts" of previous sold cars that are similar models.

But this is Ireland, so they'll take out their magic calculator and you bring the Vaseline.

Jeasus.
And let's say for example, an FD RX7. There's none for sale in Ireland that I can see, so how would that be calculated? UK cars?

Jeasus.
And let's say for example, an FD RX7. There's none for sale in Ireland that I can see, so how would that be calculated? UK cars?

They use the ‘David Drumm method’ and pick it out of their arse - FD VRT is gone mental - up to 3&4k at this stage - still, nowhere near the 10k they’re looking for on GTR’s

It's not a limited edition trail in Japan done a few like this it's just a yellow type r and it's sh*t looking to say the least

the only good side if you could call it that is it keeps the value up of cars already here

Yeah Seanie you’d think that but in my recent experience it doesn’t.
Irish buyers (tyre kickers) are still back in 2008 frame of mind when viewing an advert.

We have a lot of good clean high performance cars in my family that we bought over the years and the last 6 months.
A few on here have seen some of them.

Some are advertised and others are not as they are better than money in the bank! Fact.

A few we stuck
On DD I just got abusive messages from people about the price and that I should
Seek mental help!!

Yet the cars in question are spotless and nobody ever viewed them.
Plus none are readly available here for sale in similar condition.
If you compared uk prices against them they are cheaper.

Irish mentality is want best for nothing!

I just hope our good impreza’s in the club command proper pricing if we sell.

Free credit has a lot to anser for :facepalm: . Clowns That were ringing couldn't afford the cars or event want them, it happens all the time and it doesn't matter what price range range your selling in

Yeah Seanie you’d think that but in my recent experience it doesn’t.
Irish buyers (tyre kickers) are still back in 2008 frame of mind when viewing an advert.

We have a lot of good clean high performance cars in my family that we bought over the years and the last 6 months.
A few on here have seen some of them.

Some are advertised and others are not as they are better than money in the bank! Fact.

A few we stuck
On DD I just got abusive messages from people about the price and that I should
Seek mental help!!

Yet the cars in question are spotless and nobody ever viewed them.
Plus none are readly available here for sale in similar condition.
If you compared uk prices against them they are cheaper.

Irish mentality is want best for nothing!

I just hope our good impreza’s in the club command proper pricing if we sell.

your selling to the wrong market graham.

if you have these cars forsale donedeal is not the place to sell them, private collectors wont shop on on it. cars and classics or pistonheads is were you want to be for genuine interested parties.

as for the uk market, some of the the cars in this country are better than the cars in the uk but at the end of the day there not worth as much here because it costs more to run them cars and that has to be taken into account when buying by the average joe.

it costs me 3000 euro to tax and insure my two cars in this country, the subaru is 950 to insure and 1080 to tax, my alfa is 710 to tax and 260 to insure as a classic, axa wanted 1100 to insure it as a daily driver. for my 3 grand in england i could have 4 or 5 cars tax and insured for that, as they do a open policy insurance over there and cheaper tax. if people can afford to run the car there will be more interested parties which in turn drives up the price.

as you can see from the market over the last 4/5 years the subarus to have for the futher that will rise in value are the limited editions and or rare models but even some of the rare models have to be in the right colour to commmand a good price. 5 years ago you couldnt give a subaru away, now the likes of the 22b, p1, s203/4, classic sti ra and type r limited are climbing high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back