Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Wouldn't give 6 for it. With that milage it was bought for between 2-3k standing him 5-6 and looking for 13 . Fair play to him if he gets .

while i agree 13k is nuts - so is 6k
can you show me where you can get a fresh import for that price and il take 10 or 15 asap

car was imported by member on here and sold to that guy
vrt is 2500 alone

its a 9k car all day
very nice car

milage is genuine unlike 90 percent of imports

That blue type r for 9 grand has been sitting in a shed for 8 years, it's dash is in sh*t and the steering wheel in a bad way, it also says that it on new Tyres but if you look at it on DD there the cheapest of the cheap sh*t rubber. It is also a v3 with a v5/6 front bumper, It's 9 grand at best imo.

If you want a figure for your type r Graham pm me some spec and I'll give you an honest figure.

x2 - looks a project car at best

If the dash is a bit faded and the steering wheel seen better days is the only thing that's wrong with it it's still a cheap car I'm my opinion .

Would he get get extra money if there were Michelin pilot 4 on it ?

I think you know the answer to that Joe but at the end of the day that car is up a while now and it hasn't sold, that to me says it all, when there's people with wanted adds up for type Rs

I just looked at the add for that type r Joe.

It doesn't sound to bad in the add there now. It still needs love and money spent on it but I don't know if you seen the original add and pics of that car.

It was in a different shape in the old photos

I think you know the answer to that Joe but at the end of the day that car is up a while now and it hasn't sold, that to me says it all, when there's people with wanted adds up for type Rs

I wouldn’t take too much notice of lads with ads up looking for Type Rs.. A lot of lads are not realistic in what to expect, they have come from a modern car and now looking at getting into an minimum of 18 year old performance car... one lad in particular comes to mind and I never seen so much bullshit about looking for a car in my life, going by him there wasn’t a good car left in the country... but at the back of it he was just afraid of his shite to buy one incase the engine would go.. I picked up 2 great cars in the space of 2 months when he was looking a year lol.

It’s the age old story about us all talking about a car and wondering what it’s like and speculating , that car in Wexford could be a decent enough car.. if it’s not a wreck or rusty, you can’t be going to far wrong, a bit of paint here and there, tidy it up... it will be as good as any 12-13k car, you still aren’t any more safe engine wise, god knows what engine is in any of them now anyways... probably a forester engine or something , doubtful it’s the original STI and doubtful if the money was spent on rebuild instead of just dropping in a fozzy engine for 700 euro.

18+ year old car you are buying a pig in a bag most of the time regardless of what you think

Anyone intrested will call down to his yard and have a look the rest of the donedeal lads are looking for a v5-6 v limited with a fresh engine build and map with good paint and tyres for 14k:facepalm: or just looking for a Bargin to sell it on for 20-23

The one for sale for 23 had an offer of 20 on it, so there is people out there wanting to buy the complete car,

But like every thing there wasters out there two

I think that's true. I reckon a lot of the lads with wanted ads are trying to pick up a good clean one for nothing before the prices rise more.... But the lads who OWN the nice clean ones are waiting to sell cause the price will get higher lol

Anyone intrested will call down to his yard and have a look the rest of the donedeal lads are looking for a v5-6 v limited with a fresh engine build and map with good paint and tyres for 14k:facepalm: or just looking for a Bargin to sell it on for 20-23

Agree with u there joe, all those wanted adds for type R's are mainly lads looking to turn a few quid on one that's all.

The one for sale for 23 had an offer of 20 on it, so there is people out there wanting to buy the complete car,
But like every thing there wasters out there two

Yes it did johnny and he was a serious buyer and got one in the end and a good one at that all be it should be less than 20k once vrtd.
But in fairness to the owner of the 23k car he knows the true cost of getting one up to that spec and wouldn't let it go for less.

Agree with u there joe, all those wanted adds for type R's are mainly lads looking to turn a few quid on one that's all.

Yes it did johnny and he was a serious buyer and got one in the end and a good one at that all be it should be less than 20k once vrtd.
But in fairness to the owner of the 23k car he knows the true cost of getting one up to that spec and wouldn't let it go for less.

what did he buy in the end if you dont mind me asking ha ?

i would say its easy get 20k for a top notch 2dr v5 / v6 limited at the minute
i get msgs on facebook weekly about mine
no way woud i sell it for 20

rest of the 2dr models just dont make anymore than 11/12k at present

Yours probley stands you more than 20k after buying ,importing, vrt , rebuild, respray , not including all the time you put into it to get it to there now .

Some lads just want the finished car and are willing to pay for it but very few

Only way to determine the true value of a type r is to buy them all and set your own price

and eventually that is your plan :p

what did he buy in the end if you dont mind me asking ha ?

i would say its easy get 20k for a top notch 2dr v5 / v6 limited at the minute
i get msgs on facebook weekly about mine
no way woud i sell it for 20

rest of the 2dr models just dont make anymore than 11/12k at present

he got a v5 limited in the UK. Wasn't long in, loads of history, yer man went to Japan and picked it out himself with photos of him driving the car over there and all. Lot of money spent then in Roger Clark when it landed.

Yours probley stands you more than 20k after buying ,importing, vrt , rebuild, respray , not including all the time you put into it to get it to there now .

Some lads just want the finished car and are willing to pay for it but very few

nah wouldnt be anywhere near that for me
vrt was only 1700 at the time

to import as of today and do the same then id say yes

he got a v5 limited in the UK. Wasn't long in, loads of history, yer man went to Japan and picked it out himself with photos of him driving the car over there and all. Lot of money spent then in Roger Clark when it landed.

jasus , why did he sell it after all that hassle?
where was it advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back