Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
place for it , good breaker , if it was closer id have it for spares
the rust on bootlid area is just wow!

no but be handy to have spare panels etc
parts are only getting harder to get for early models

Anyone know this car? Former members I believe. I actually met the chap who used to own it but never got a good look at the car

http://http://m.toplinemotors.ie/photos.php?ad_id=2040153

Hi I know the lad who traded that car in see him often enough as far as I know and by him he is into his cars. That bug was serviced very regularly oil filters etc what ever it need he got it done as far as I know think he got it mapped for Irish fuel up north maybe bob rawl. he isn’t kind of lad to drive the stones out of it or any of his cars I think it needs a rear crank seal but could check that at a viewing maybe. Was only talking to him the other day saying he was thinking of buying it back he bought a focus rs of that garage I was shocked he sold it tbh at the time. Hope this helps

94a2c7bbf824ef3725096db01284e179.png

Mamma Mia [emoji33][emoji33]
Let’s call a spade a spade I’ll spell it out
ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING
It’s still up for grabs at this price
So it has never seen a wet day but is a viable purchase at this price??? Or will we be here this time next year at 160k for a minter low mileage
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...cours-example-immaculate-fsh-full-mot/9011772

So it has never seen a wet day but is a viable purchase at this price??? Or will we be here this time next year at 160k for a minter low mileage
https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...cours-example-immaculate-fsh-full-mot/9011772

I presume the grounds where the photos were taken come with the car also for that price, ????, madness but someone will probably have the money to buy it, supply and demand and all that,

I don't think I have access. If anyone has any info please drop me a PM. I used to be a member on here for a good few years but out of the Subaru game a good few years. I know people cant really say negative things about cars linked in this thread but just looking for info regarding if the car was mapped etc and looking at the mileage would it be a potential rebuild waiting to happen and is it worth 9k etc etc.

Don't know the chap who owned it last, but Eric looked after his motors. He works in Aaron Rider motorcycle training now. You could fire him a message on Facebook. Should find him by searching Eric Dalton.

All joking aside... I know, 22B and all that... But really, what's so special?
Surely a type R with stroked engine be every bit as good?

I mean, for that money, you'd have two RA-Rs in the yard.

Its literally just the badge that calls for that price isn't it?

It's nuts money Eoin but very special car built in limited numbers at the height of Subaru Rally Success for a very special reason to real rally fan 22b will always be the holy grail yes there are quicker subarus but that's not the point this was a very special project

Real beautfull thing to stand in front of seen 2 in Rcm in UK when getting shown about few years ago stunning in the metal

Here's 2 good videos that will help explan it better

https://youtu.be/1rKsC3y3v00

https://youtu.be/a535xyidmF0

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
e79d8c7561963f4f1e07d66f78b74c9c.jpg

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of taking one for a spin ...super car in every way but the money they are asking is crazy ...
Are they sell ing for this money ..

Oh no don't get me wrong I know all the reasoning behind it, consecutive WRC wins etc
Great build and a beautiful car, 2.2, forged bbs etc..
I'm well aware of what's in it.

But 140k?
Thats mental!
What I mean is, even to a die hard WRC fan, 140k?
Its crazy money, altho very few left I'd imagine..
I mean, in comparison to the likes of a S203, S204 or even as far as the S207 etc.. Surely be to god theres more to those than a 22B?

Thats what I mean, what's so special to demand 140k?

Youd have any of the above mentioned for less than half that lol

Its strictly the fact that it's collector status at this stage I'd imagine, where as the other limited STI are more subaru enthusiast stage..
Collector status would appeal to all sorts and much more than just subaru fans.

I know the car, I just can't fathom the price lol

I'd have this first anyway :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tuning-series-the-japanese-continued-the-sedan-subaru-wrx-sti-s207.jpg
    tuning-series-the-japanese-continued-the-sedan-subaru-wrx-sti-s207.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 66
I reckon it comes down to speculative investors buying up limited run cars . In the hope that the value goes up and up .
I don't think the real fans and lovers of these cars ever spend that kinda money on one ,

It's not valued on the sum of its components.
You could argue that with anything collectable, its simple supply and demand, everyone wants one and there are feck all out there.
If I'd the money I'd give it.
I have owned and driven many cars in my life, some far better than any subaru I have owned dare I say it but nothing gives me a horn more than a 74f 2 door especially the 22b.

R34 gtr in blue comes in a close second

Wait til the yanks start importing them the ceiling hasn't been reached by a long shot imo

Last edited:
That's what I thought with my first reply.
Like, pretty basic for a €140k car. Collectors investment I reckon.

And yeah, I'd have MANY cars before it, if money wasn't an issue then yeah but,,, much better to be got for that grade IMO

Going according to the same principle as bitcoin haha
They were dawg cheap years back, the less there is readily available, sure what are they, 14k a coin now or something?

On another note, completely off topic ???? I am still adamant I bought a few bitcoin years back,,, and have tried logging into numerous different exchanges with old emails etc and no good.

I actually remember the process of setting up an account on some site I can't recall, but can't remember if I actually purchased any...
Wouldn't that be nice.. Sure probably would have spent €20/€30 on em years back for the crack... And then forgot about them lol

I am probably someone here that hasn’t been in the most different types of Subaru’s but I can see the lure of a special edition model as what each of us have as in our cars that we make our own and as good as they all are most of us would like to have a special edition limited number to have the best of the model in hand. I am probably with seanie if I had the cash I would like one but I think what does get to us about the price of that 22B is that there was a few in the club and some lads had them drove them on as they were made for never to think that they would be that a far reach from reality I suppose that’s what makes me gasp and the fact that it will be locked away in a collection barely to see the light of day. If I had one and enjoyed it be out early for the good auld spin and let others enjoy it as a few that enjoy my own and get the thumbs up [emoji106] going along. Like when we meet up always get a few spectators coming over.

Wait til the yanks start importing them the ceiling hasn't been reached by a long shot imo

Couldn't agree more... we aint seen nothing yet. Look at all the homologated Group B cars... the 90's icons will go the same way once the demand due to an open US market hits. So many ex-works Prodrive cars are being lapped up by wealthy yanks now... and so will the 22b's once they hit the 25 year mark.

I see them hitting 300k+ in about 5-10 years. A good friend who has a couple of 6R4's was offered an Audi Sport Quattro (SWB version) approx 10 years ago for 80k Sterling... the same car came up for sale recently at 450k Sterling. I appreciate they produced less of these than a 22b... 200 from memory... but many will pay that sort of money now for their favorite 90's icon... even if it is just a road car equivalent. Personally.... I'd snap up an ex-works 2dr S3-S5 car which could be got for similar money... although the restoration & running costs might be slightly higher ;)

You are bang on jamie and seanie. I've been saying it a long time now the yanks will drive prices of limited edition Subaru's up across the spectrum.

The cost of restoring any ex-Prodrive WRC car is mental and getting worse, parts are running out!
I did the Donegal rally this year with a lad in an S9 and we had the same conversation that his car is worth way more restored to original that as a current competitive competing car and he agreed but said he couldn't dream of it as restoring to the original spec which these collectors want would be bonkers money.
Its an ex-Solberg car from 2003 so being his championship winning year its a desirable car and hasn't got S11 or 12 bits upgraded either its as it came from Prodrive which is also rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back