Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, I have low miles and markets change.

i actually thought of you when i saw it.
The mileage is most likely 170k miles too btw as if it is an Irish car it wouldn't have KMs until 2005, open to correction?
Was up for a lot more last year, could be somebody just struggling to renew insurance on it etc. and want to cuts their losses.
They wont command a standard value or increasing value like a classic for a long time purely as they were sold in a lot bigger numbers and until classic insurance is a option it wont help i'd say. Just my tuppence!

Looks clean alright, low mileage examples are more sought after and get a good bit more cash. thus has been for sale for a good while, add taken down and put back up again.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-wrx-sti-widetrack-pro-drive-u-k-/16565335

Another clean looking car, this hawk was for sale last year too. i think I saw this in carrigaline when very new. Think someone on here enquired about it too, 85 miles not Kms unfortunately

Edited, I was gonna add that the seller might be better exporting and claiming vat back but it’s coming up as 1170 on the revenue website which implies an Omsp of 3250!

I guess more are still going out of the country than in. Vrt people are thieving fookers for these types of cars

Last edited:
7k a year is not high milage It's 13 years old car . Even if there was 25k on it for the same price it would be hard sold . Everyone thinks everything is worth more than it is . The bottom line is it's a very small market it's selling in .

How many lads are looking for a 13 year old petrol car with a high insurance bracket that sounds loud , the anser not that many .
At that money aswell I'd probley buy the white non wide track spec c is it would be a better investment when it comes time to sell .

you can buy a nice car well up the years for 11500 is the way things look at it . Market dictates the price . If I hear of another person looking for a blue low milage mint type r v limited for 7/8k I'll scream . Cash waiting so they can try and make 4K by selling it for 11/12k the week after :new_cussing:

the hawk 2.5 will be hard sold too 3 or 4 for sale between 10/12k that look well with low milage

If

7k a year is not high milage It's 13 years old car . Even if there was 25k on it for the same price it would be hard sold . Everyone thinks everything is worth more than it is . The bottom line is it's a very small market it's selling in .

How many lads are looking for a 13 year old petrol car with a high insurance bracket that sounds loud , the anser not that many .
At that money aswell I'd probley buy the white non wide track spec c is it would be a better investment when it comes time to sell .

you can buy a nice car well up the years for 11500 is the way things look at it . Market dictates the price . If I hear of another person looking for a blue low milage mint type r v limited for 7/8k I'll scream . Cash waiting so they can try and make 4K by selling it for 11/12k the week after :new_cussing:

the hawk 2.5 will be hard sold too 3 or 4 for sale between 10/12k that look well with low milage

If

Pm sent

If

spot on

I enquired about the blue hawkeye before.... Ad said one reason for sale.... Seller came back with a different reason for sale and I didn't even ask why he was selling.... I left it at that....not slating the car I don't know the first thing about it but the seller is/was not helping the sale

I do feel that if I tell someone that I bought a car with nearly a 100k on it there like they like 100k are you mad or what thinking big mileage partly because if you buy a car in this country high mileage it's going to fall apart most do because the only time they see a garage is when they break maintenance is everything car house garden i would gladly buy a car no prob if looked after and have done. The one thing I would never buy second hand would be a van been there before a horror story twice
There is a myth with performance cars that it will cost a lot use a lot of petrol that drives me mad I don't care and cause it was looked after only cost in what I want to put in to it my hobby it's ten times cheaper to run than the BMW I have had and friends have and that's my two cents

A lad i work with bought one of them dacia yokes 3 years ago 16 an a half k
Trading up for new 1 getting 6 n a half k on trade after 100,000klms

this lad telling me how performance cars are 2 expensive and i must be stupid wasting my money

Yet theres 10k up in smoke after 3 years and thats not included running costs

To me that is nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back