Spotted this on DoneDeal Thread-No Bad Mouthing cars for sale is Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are bang on jamie and seanie. I've been saying it a long time now the yanks will drive prices of limited edition Subaru's up across the spectrum.

The cost of restoring any ex-Prodrive WRC car is mental and getting worse, parts are running out!
I did the Donegal rally this year with a lad in an S9 and we had the same conversation that his car is worth way more restored to original that as a current competitive competing car and he agreed but said he couldn't dream of it as restoring to the original spec which these collectors want would be bonkers money.
Its an ex-Solberg car from 2003 so being his championship winning year its a desirable car and hasn't got S11 or 12 bits upgraded either its as it came from Prodrive which is also rare.

The newer S6 on cars are mad money to restore alright as they were a large leap forward with regards to technology over the S3-5. The earlier S3-5 were in theory a group A car. Everything though is getting astronomically expensive and getting harder to find for all the ex Prodrive cars.

That Solberg car will only appreciate with time if it's not destroyed... so it kind of is worth putting the money into restoring it at some point if he has the funds. But there is a also a great argument for using it for what it was best intended. I know an S3-5 restored to a high standard is a lot less pricey than the newer cars... and I think they will with time become the ones most will yearn after even if less technologically advanced... as they are where it all began with the World Rally cars with McRae behind the wheel of many ... and they are possibly the best looking Impreza I think too

the americans are already paying crazy money for 92 - 94 wrx / sti models at auction
they are even buying newer cars and just store them in japan until they are of age to import

the worlds economy is the only thing that could stop these values going up , or even cause them to go down

IMO prices will fluctuate but the will never drop in the main, the one thing constant throughout history is the value of currency only goes one way and that's down.
We may think 140k for a 22b is crazy, in 50 years time we might be paying that for a pint of guinness

Attachments

• priceofapint.jpg
    priceofapint.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 144
The summer I was born 75p no wonder my da could go for a few most nights definitely the good auld days might not of had a lot but half the stress of today’s times

Wr1 Breaking
cb6b25405b58fc5ba164e4db2f67c6f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

why would somebody want to part out a rare car it just kills me to see that ,although i didnt see the other side of the vehicle

Olly mc carron is breaking that, car has bad paint he said on facebook but looks reasonably well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

poland

that just reminds me of how cheap poland is ,hey guys anyone ever been to poland krackow in particular beautiful city i stayed in a large hotel for the weekend to upgrade to a suite it was 13 euro a night i think its roughly 4 zloty to each euro , i could get a pint of bear for around 1 zloty and a dinner for less than ten zloty ,we went to a mitchilen star hotel and i got a fillet steak truffel and a brandy and a sparkling water for 13 euro ,its a beautiful place and the people where so polite and kind ,it has a castle at its center and a main square surrounded by blues bars discos cafes and resteraunts what a lovely place ,ide recomend it to anybody,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, basicly its like ireland in the very early 80s price wise

Last edited:
It is a love it or hate it colour all right.

Deffo better colours available for special edition car but personally I like it but it's probably because I know what the car is

:thumbsup: 25k. p1 is now on what 22b used to sell for. or in other words about 2 -2.5 type R's current prices

Not selling for that in the country thats for sure , he will have to send it back to uk
the p1 thing never really took off here , i dont get them myself , badly specd type r

Standard sti by the look of it Gary

They won't have a chance of selling that unless some idiot rolls up with more money than ,.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back